With heightened market volatility and uncertainty significantly impacting client portfolios over the last year, RIAs have been leaning more on alternative investments to present their clients with new sources of return, income and downside protection.
In this episode of RIA Edge, David Levi, managing partner at Brookfield and head of Brookfield Oaktree Wealth Solutions, shares his perspective with Informa Wealth Management Managing Director Mark Bruno about the rise of alternatives in the RIA channel and the increased number of alternative offerings now directly available to high-net-worth investors. Specifically, Mark and David discuss:
- Macro-challenges and opportunities across the RIA landscape—what the most successful RIAs are doing to drive growth and attract and retain clients in a challenging market;
- Why alternatives, why now: How alternatives have shifted from institutional to individual investors and the major driving forces behind this shift;
- What types of problems are advisors largely looking to solve now that have prompted a heightened interest in a broader set of alternative investment options; and
- How advisors can now access new real estate, infrastructure and private credit offerings for their clients.
Connect With Mark Bruno:
- LinkedIn: WealthManagment.com
- LinkedIn: Mark Bruno
- Twitter: Mark Bruno
- LinkedIn: Informa
Connect With David Levi and Brookfield: