With the U.S. Department of Labor’s new Conflict of Interest Rule on retirement investment advice now in effect, members of the financial services profession must do business in a more challenging environment.
Craig Lemoine, PhD, CFP®, Director of the Granum Center for Financial Security at The American College of Financial Services, offers his thoughts on the new ruling. In this piece, Dr. Lemoine considers:
- The impact the DOL Rule has on retirement advisors
- The Best Interest Contract Exemption
- How consumers could benefit from the rule
- How product portfolios may change
- How variable annuities are affected