In the latest episode of Focused on the Future, veteran industry leader Suzanne Siracuse talks with Maurice Miller, CFP, managing director of The Miller’s Wealth Management, on reevaluating how new advisors are compensated, assisting your clients in talking about money with their children, and why there is no better time than now to be in the wealth management industry.
Specifically, Maurice discusses:
- Why, in order to broaden the talent pool into wealth management, we need to challenge the current structure of how new advisors are compensated.
- How advisors can advise their clients on talking to their children about money
- Why embracing technology and understanding the impact of social media is key to achieving success for the future
- In order to capture younger investors, advisors need to meet them where they are now, and grow with them
- As people are becoming more comfortable with sharing their personal beliefs it is also impacting their investment selection.
Connect With Suzanne Siracuse:
Connect With Maurice Miller:
About Our Guest:
Maurice is driven, consistent, compassionate, and an educator at heart.
He positions clients to take a big picture approach by helping them achieve their financial goals in a concise, sensible manner. Educating clientele on the “why” behind every financial decision along the way, he simplifies their complex needs and goals. The clientele who works with Maurice leave with a clear, written roadmap to their financial future, which focuses on six key areas of wealth management.
Maurice Miller has served small business owners, executives, professionals, and retirees through the financial services industry since 2005. Maurice also holds the Series 7 & 66 Securities License, health and life insurance agent license, State of Michigan continuing education instructor’s license for CPAs, and the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (TM), Chartered Financial Consultant®, and Certified Exit Planning Advisor® professional designations.
Maurice is an advisory Board member of C.H.I.P (Changing How Individuals Prosper,) The American College of Financial Services Alumni Network, and is also a member of the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER’S (TM) NATIONAL DISCIPLINARY AND ETHICS COMMISSION.
Maurice is a 2021-2023 Five Star Wealth Manager Award Recipient, a 2022 InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 Honoree, and was inducted into the John Hay High School (Cleveland, OH) Hall of fame in 2023. He is also the co-creator of a financial literacy curriculum designed for middle and high school students and is also the author of two published books; Navigator Your Way To and Through Retirement, and When The Word Meets The Wallet; a Biblical guide to money management.