Has anyone seen this?
Is Jones the only firm doing this? Sounds like a lot money.
Um did you READ the story? The opening line in the opening paragraph says:
"Edward Jones and Chase agreed to help tobacco farmers manage payments they get from a new federal program that ends quotas and price supports."
I've heard that other firms offer lump sum payouts on large cash settlements from lawsuits or lottery winners that receive annuitized payouts.
The article doesn't state how EJ is going to help the farmers. . It only mentions that Chase has the quota cash system for early payouts.
What monies has your firm seen from the Tabacco Transition Payment Program?
BigPayDay, Did you see this revised copy?
TOP 10 REASONS MY CLIENTS ARE GLAD I LEFT EDWARD JONES:
10. My clients like the FACT my FIRM wasn't hit for 75 million in fines and tried to cover it up, like nothing happen. Edward Jones is facing close to 1 Billion in CA settlement.......CA judge throws out Jones Attorneys asking to stop the trial based on no facts of wrong doing Did they tell you about this at Jones?
9. FEE BASED BUSINESS (NO I WON'T EDUCATE YOU ON WHY IT'S BETTER THAN "A" SHARES) MY CLIENTS LOVE IT
8. WHEN MY CLIENTS COME IN IT IS FOR SERVICE, NOT SELLING THEM THE "FLAVOR" OF THE MONTH LIKE YOU STILL DO...........DO THEY STILL HAVE THOSE SATURDAY PROMOTIONS, LIKE SELLING A "STOCK" or 'BOND" or A PARTICULAR "MUTUAL FUND" OH, YEA BFD, THAT'S REALLY TAKEN CARE OF YOUR CLIENT ISN'T IT? Do you think they don't know it's FOR COMMISSIONS...?
7. BY THE WAY MY CLIENTS DO READ THE "WSJ" SO THEY ARE VERY PLEASED I LEFT..........They relate to the articles.
6. The don't have a newbie that Edward Jones put in my old Office, that's still wet behind the ears, all he does is CHURN & BURN their accounts, what happens to compliance when an IR takes over a leaving IR's office?
5. They really love our customer statements, it really smokes Edward Jones statements
4. They love our Financial Plan, that is reinforced every quarter when we have our review
3. They love that we don't bug them with unnecessary crap that is mailed in their Quarterly statement.
2. They love not paying HIGH COMMISSIONS on STOCKS and HIGH MARK-UP on BONDS...
1. THEY LOVE THE FACT THERE IS MORE THAN ONE IR IN OUR OFFICE, AND ALL OF OUR STAFF IS LICENSED SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO CALL SOME WANNABEE BROKER IN ST. LOUIS TO GET AN ANSWER......OR do a TRADE?
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS........