Skip navigation

$18.33 per account EDJ settlement

or Register to post new content in the forum

90 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Mar 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Spiff,

you can control these things.  you can have greater resources.  you can have more money, more time for your family.   P/M uwec.  Get the spreadsheet.  We are with you.
Mar 28, 2008 8:16 pm

I don't pay my wife for sex...but she's not free....Well... enough beating you up for the week Spiff.  I know down deep you understand, and you're trying to keep up the company face.  I like to mess with you because I've seen both sides and believe me there's NO justification for the amount of the fee...Just as if Elliot Spitzer wishes he wouldn't have paid that fee...you will too in do time. 

Mar 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Leave him alone.  If he leaves Jones he has to learn new products, new ideas, take responsibility for his own life and career.  I obviously don't like Jones, but I will give them credit for one thing.  If you follow their research and their investment plan then it's their problem when things don't work out.  (unless you go into arbitration of course, then it is still your license I would imagine).

Mar 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Oh…don’t get me wrong new_indy, I don’t want anymore Indy’s.  I’m sure Ms Spiffy wouldn’t allow him to leave…You know she’d like to be a GP’s wife someday…she may have to divorce…but that’s a whole different thread…Spiffy…Dave Lane hasn’t been snooping around your house has he.???

Mar 28, 2008 9:33 pm

I disagree with not wanting the smart ones to go indy or to another good firm. If you take the smart ones, you leave who? I don't care if they produce at my firm and can offer the best of all worlds as long as they are not dumb, like the 90% left at EDJ after they leave. My reputation is solidified if I work with many good, professional people. I HATED the Jones golf shirt guys who looked like bag ladies. I ran into about 10 green guy aliens at an event the other day and these were some of the good guys (nice people-not necessarily the brightest), and they all looked like they had been washing their cars! I was so glad I didn't have to tell people I was with that firm.

Mar 29, 2008 1:22 am

Here’s a question?  Why doesn’t Capital Research and Management just make it official and buy Jones lock stock and barrel?  At least the Jone’s research department would improve.

Mar 29, 2008 2:03 am

Way to go NEW_INDY.  That’s the best post of the day  If they would buy Jones for what they are worth then sell them right away, like that stupid commercial, for what the GP’s think they are worth then AMF would be the richest firm in universe!!!

Mar 29, 2008 2:14 pm

You know, I really do respect  you guys for having the desire to go indy.  I just simply have zero desire to do it right now.  I actually enjoy playing the I love EDJ role on this forum.  It’s an uphill battle, cause for every one of me there are three of you.  But I love it when you guys seem to get soooo pissed off at some of my posts.  Jones is not a perfect firm.  The GPs make way too much money.  They could probably up my payout to 60% and never skip a beat.  The home office associates don’t get paid anywhere near what they are worth.  I don’t expect to ever leave Jones.  At least not right now anyway.  But, things change and I might change my mind one day.  I did PM uwec for the spreadsheet, FWIW. 

Mar 30, 2008 1:08 pm
new_indy:

Here’s a question? Why doesn’t Capital Research and Management just make it official and buy Jones lock stock and barrel? At least the Jone’s research department would improve.

That was good
Mar 30, 2008 2:09 pm

[quote=uwec1986]Maxstud,

Good point.[/quote]

Thanks uwec, i guess your the only one who understood it.