Changing firms while arb is pending?

or Register to post new content in the forum

 

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Nov 11, 2006 11:19 pm

I was preparing to change firms and got hit with a client arbitration.  Hearing is not till July, and I don't really want to wait that long.  Anyone know, can you change firms (move licenses) while an arbitration is pending?  If I can leave, can my old firm come after me if arbitration panel rules against me/old firm?  Any helpful (i.e. non sarcastic) comments would be appreciated.  Thanks

Nov 12, 2006 1:19 am

You may want to discuss this with the new firm.  They are probably in the best position to guide you.  Hopefully the infraction isn't severe enough to blow the deal.

Nov 12, 2006 9:56 am

I realize that this sounds like a broken record, but for Heaven's sake, this is

YOUR CAREER and livihood you're talking about! Seek competent legal

counsel!!!!

Nov 12, 2006 4:46 pm

I will consult an attorney, but first I want to check out any information I can to help evaluate what an attorney would tell me.  Its my experience that some attorneys know what they are talking about, some don't but just want those billable hours.  Ya see, I'm doing behind the scenes research, and I figure someone out there has been in this situation before, and could give me some pointers to make sure I cover all the bases with an attorney.  Thanks.

Nov 22, 2006 8:38 pm

No doesn't sting at all.  I stand by what I said.  Some attorneys are not worth the money, just as some brokers aren't either.