In this episode, David Armstrong is joined by Shirl Penney, president and CEO of Dynasty Financial Partners, diving into the history and ecosystem of the independent financial advisor movement.
- The problem Penney and his co-founder were looking to solve when they launched Dynasty
- How technology was the great enabler fueling Dynasty’s growth
- Replicating wirehouse capabilities and financial products outside the wirehouse’s walls
- What are advisors looking for as independent advisors, and how that has changed over time
- How newer investors in the independent channel of financial advice are changing the market, and what an economic downturn might mean for advisors
- Where the business of wealth management is going, and the role Penney sees Dynasty playing in the future