Sponsored by United Planners Financial Services
Jess Bost found CrossFit during a traumatic time in her life. About her workouts, she says, “I went to the darkest place I could, and I fought my demons in that place.”
CrossFit, which stands for cross-discipline fitness, became her bridge to healing.
In this episode, Diana Britton is joined by Jess Bost, the vice president of brand partnerships at Alpha Architect and part-time CrossFit coach. Here, she opens up about how her experience with intense workouts and a supportive community gave her the outlet she needed during a time of profound grief. She also shares how exercise and community have shaped how she views the role of financial advisors.
- How she applied the concepts she learned from psychology and working with children with autism to CrossFit and also financial services
- How she got into CrossFit and how it keeps her healthy from a physical/spiritual/emotional standpoint
- How CrossFit helped her heal from trauma
- Why and how she’s become an advocate for fitness in the financial services industry
- Where she sees the intersection of fitness and finance
If you have a struggle and wish to share your experiences and help others in similar situations, please reach out to Diana at Diana.Britton@informa.com.