The war between Russia and Ukraine is upsetting what many thought to be a well-established world order. The ripples of the conflict are being felt thousands of miles away, as the global economy struggles to recalibrate on the fly. The return of war to Europe reinforces the need for clients to have a backup plan in place to protect their families and their assets. Exploring alternative citizenship is a powerful, and often underexplored, tool in this regard.
In this episode, David Lenok is joined by David Lesperance, of Lesperance and Associates, in discussing the international impact of the land war between Russia and Ukraine, along with the legality of citizenships for individuals looking to gain additional or renounce existing ones in order to insulate themselves, their families and their assets from potential danger.
- How conflict between Russia and Ukraine impacts the entire world;
- What having a "backup" plan in place looks like;
- The differences between types of citizenship;
- The law surrounding citizenships;
- Strategies surrounding citizenships and tax planning;
- And more.