Is the coronavirus bringing your family closer together or further apart? Are you placing the same value on the continuity of your family wealth and heritage that you do on the continuity of your business?
Having a plan for intentional family succession and established methodologies for working through contingency issues, especially in troubling times like these, can set your family up for resiliency. By attending this webinar, you will learn five things you can do as a family in preparation for future transitions.
- Communication: Develop a plan for how the family will communicate, share knowledge, and make decisions.
- Legacy: Establish your family’s values and openly discuss the direction, goals, and aspirations of your family’s legacy.
- Build the toolbox: Arm your children and grandchildren with the knowledge necessary to become good stewards of money.
- Philanthropy: Use philanthropy as a way to transmit values and begin to make decisions as a group that promotes a long-standing legacy.
- The Business of the Family: Create structure and use mentorship to provide the framework and guidance that will set your heirs up for success.
This content is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal or other professional advice. As such, this information should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional, legal or other advisers. Neither M&T Securities, nor any of its affiliates, offers legal or tax advice and, accordingly, nothing presented herein should be deemed or construed to be legal or tax advice. This information is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the sale of any financial product or service or as a recommendation or determination by Wilmington Trust that any investment strategy is suitable for a specific investor.
Wilmington Trust is a registered service mark used in connection with various fiduciary and non-fiduciary services offered by certain subsidiaries of M&T Bank Corporation including, but not limited to, Manufacturers & Traders Trust Company (M&T Bank), Wilmington Trust Company (WTC) operating in Delaware only, Wilmington Trust, N.A. (WTNA), Wilmington Trust Investment Advisors, Inc. (WTIA), Wilmington Funds Management Corporation (WFMC), and Wilmington Trust Investment Management, LLC (WTIM). Such services include trustee, custodial, agency, investment management, and other services. International corporate and institutional services are offered through M&T Bank Corporation’s international subsidiaries. Loans, credit cards, retail and business deposits, and other business and personal banking services and products are offered by M&T Bank, member FDIC.
©2020 M&T Bank Corporation and its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.
CFP, CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC®, RMA®, and AEP® CE Credits have been applied for and are pending approval.
Marguerite C. Weese, J.D., LL.M.
National Director of Family Legacy Planning
Jerry Inglet, Ed.D
Family Legacy Advisor
Wilmington Trust, N.A.
Family Legacy Coordinator
Susan Lipp - Moderator
Editor in Chief
Trusts & Estates