Our speakers will provide an overview of the important topics discussed at the Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning in January 2020.
Topics discussed will include:
- Grantor trusts.
- Current developments.
- Changing residence tax and legal considerations.
- Ethic issues in representing the modern family.
- Powell estate inclusion and practical steps to consider.
- Special needs trusts.
- International estate planning.
- S corporation traps for the unwary.
- Dynastic trust planning.
- Silent trusts.
- Grantor and non-grantor trust considerations.
- GST tax considerations for non-GST exempt trusts.
- Elder abuse versus independence.
- Family foundation terminations or divisions.
- Family governance.
- Powers of appointment.
- Secure Act.
- IRAs and charitable giving.
- Managing an estate planning practice.
CFP, CIMA®, CPWA®, and AEP® CE Credits have been applied for and are pending approval.
This program is not produced in conjunction with or endorsed by the Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning. The Heckerling Institute is not responsible for its content.
For information about the Heckerling Institute visit www.law.miami.edu/heckerling
Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, PFS, MBA, JD, AEP® (Distinguished)
Martin M. Shenkman, P.C.
Jonathan G. Blattmachr
Director of Estate Planning
Peak Trust Company
Susan Lipp - Moderator
Editor in Chief
Trusts & Estates