Starting February 1, IRA rollover investment advice and the definition of a fiduciary are impacted by the Department of Labor’s Prohibited Transaction Exemption (PTE) 2020-02. For many advisors, this means to receive compensation for an IRA rollover recommendation, you must now comply with specific requirements for documentation, oversight practices, client communication, and more to show the advice was rendered in the client’s best interest.
Join this webinar to learn what you need to know about the PTE and how you can comply, including:
- What constitutes investment advice and fiduciary status when recommending IRA rollovers and transfers
- Understanding the two enforcement dates and what’s required
- Explanation of the best interest standard and conditions for satisfying the exemption
- How to make recommendations with a fiduciary standard of care
- Options on how to document and disclose details of each analysis
- Best practices on performing the required annual retrospective review to detect violations and achieve compliance
Fi360, CFP, CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC®, RMA®, and AEP® CE Credits have been applied for and are pending approval.
Head of Fiduciary Education and Training
Pension Resource Institute & Retirement Law Group
Sr. Director, Product Management
David H. Lenok - Host