In this video, David Armstrong, editor-in-chief and executive director of content, WealthManagement.com, and Penny Phillips, co-founder, and president, Journey Strategic Wealth, discuss the best marketing strategies to employ based on your ideal client profile.
Highlights from David and Penny’s conversation include:
- What advisors are getting wrong about marketing today.
- Why the best advisors are relentless prospectors, obsessed with their business, have conviction in their approach to clients and the market, and create excitement with those potential prospects.
- Where do prospects spend their time? Are podcasts, social media, automated marketing campaigns enough for growing their businesses.
- The oversaturated and commoditized marketplace for advice: If you can’t differentiate on brand name, pricing, product or service, you’ll need to differentiate on emotional intelligence and the ability to connect with your clients.
- Should you start your marketing journey with podcasting? Or is there an easier way to launch your first marketing campaign?