Skip navigation

Weddle interview nov 2007

or Register to post new content in the forum

23 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Nov 6, 2007 3:25 pm

[quote=Broker24][quote=Broker7] 

What are you missing??? You are missing the state of the art 1985 technology satellite communication system that FAs are getting charged $1400 per month for.  now that is a JOKE.[/quote] Actually, if you haven't worked for Jones lately, you have no idea how good the technology is now.  Yes, it was dated at one time.  And it is strange that we still enter trades through the old green screen.  But 95% of what I do involves their intranet (JonesLink).  Most would be shocked at how far they have come in 12 months.[/quote]   Let me guess, you have Windows '94 now?  Sorry, I just couldn't help myself...
Nov 6, 2007 4:14 pm

Now that's funny,  I don't care who you are that's funny!
Nov 6, 2007 11:29 pm

[quote=Broker7]Broke24 wrote "

Actually, if you haven't worked for Jones lately, you have no idea how good the technology is now.  Yes, it was dated at one time.  And it is strange that we still enter trades through the old green screen.  But 95% of what I do involves their intranet (JonesLink).  Most would be shocked at how far they have come in 12 months."   So you are saying the trades you enter and all the accounts you open on the green screen is  5% of what you do  when on Jonesnet?  Edward Jones is a sales company...I hope the green screen is more important to you than 5%...without the green screen, you and the GPs would be broke.   For those of you that are not familiar with the green screen, it is a Linux program from the late 80's before the existence of GUI (windows point and click) that all jones brokers still use to execute trades and open new accounts.  My clients would ask why I am using an old DOS program to open their new account.[/quote]   Because I rarely enter my own trades nor open my own accounts.  My assistant does it.  So most of the time I spend on my terminal is in the contact system making calls, creating X-Rays, etc.  Most of the functionality of the green screen has been transitioned to the intranet.  The only major componants left are opening accounts and placing trades.  And the green screen goes away by the end of 2008 I believe.