Skip navigation

Under 400K Producers (MS)

or Register to post new content in the forum

49 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Apr 17, 2006 11:51 pm

I doubt the rumor is true. Imagine if it were, the $500k-$700k producers would be wondering if they were next. Too much instability among good producers.

I think they're done with the mass lay-offs. If this is true and they were smart, they would assure everyone left of this fact and get back to business.

Apr 18, 2006 12:10 am

The person that started this topic also said

that MS was going to have another round of

layoffs at the end of February. The end of Feb layoffs

were also suppose to be reliable because it came from a regional guy.

Apr 18, 2006 12:20 am

Can anyone confirm that at the manager's meeting in Florida last March, that Gorman stated he would NOT have done the mass layoff last summer?

Given that reported statement and the fact that Sanchez is gone, most people are betting ther will not be a layoff.  However I think at the same time everyone knows that the bar is being raised, and they should not be comfortable.

As far as sales managers, I would love to hear any more comments on that.  For that matter what is the sales management structure at ML that Gorman used?

Apr 18, 2006 3:51 am

[quote=doberman]

I think they're done with the mass lay-offs. If this is true and they were smart, they would assure everyone left of this fact and get back to business.

[/quote]

They have done what's possible to reassure everyone, but rumors jump up from the usual suspects. Some angry, some just guessing and some who have a profit motive.

Apr 18, 2006 2:56 pm

I was at the broker meeting and he strongly said that there are no new mass lay offs coming.

Apr 19, 2006 12:14 am

mikebutler222

They have done what's possible to reassure everyone, but rumors jump up from the usual suspects. Some angry, some just guessing and some who have a profit motive.

---------------------------

Agreed. If I had to guess, I'd bet that the rumor started from someone who isn't with MS. Maybe a competitor or even a recruiter.

Apr 19, 2006 1:01 pm

I’d be surprised if they did any more cuts.  Of course, anything can happen, but it seems to me that if they did anything (especially cutting $400k producers) it would spell disaster.

Apr 19, 2006 11:07 pm

Heads are beginning to roll throughout the corporate structure.  Be thankful that we bring in revenue.  Overhead is getting slashed.

Apr 19, 2006 11:31 pm