Skip navigation

New 2009 Compensation for SB

or Register to post new content in the forum

25 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Dec 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Less hassle than just firing them directly.

Dec 24, 2008 1:19 am

[Qoute]

PCG   ticket charges & no payout under $95???  who gives a shit!    1. i'm not a stock peddler 2. my assistant takes care of all small trades 3. you WOULD be touting, trust me.  [/quote]

Well I work for WS...legacy AGE...and I certainly am not "touting" or "wonderful" new comp plan....compared to AGE...it sucks...worse bonus, worse 401k, higher cost benefits, and lower payout...with more fees to clients than we ever had....maybe in comparison to SB and ML it is good, but certainly not compared to SF, RJ and others...I realize you have no way of knowing this since you are legacy WS....at the end of the day...clients pay more, we get less, and to top it all off our company name is trash...I am yet to see one single "uptick" from Wachovia....let alone what may or may not happenn w/ WFC
Dec 24, 2008 1:50 am

Bondking, just to point out the obvious hole in your assumption:

The fc left less than a week ago and already you know what he is going to take with him? Kind of doubt that. If he's a big producer, he probably has some relationship building/sales skills.   Check that twelve million you gathered (or would it be more fair to say "assigned") in a year, then you might have an idea of what is sticking. If he has 45% in a week he will likely get most of what he wants.  Maybe I misunderstood your drunken post.
Dec 25, 2008 12:27 am

I would hope that was a drunken post, because if it wasn’t, that re-assigned 12mm will be gone fast if that was a sober post…

Dec 28, 2008 5:13 pm
bondking:

[quote=Sam Houston]The WS grid is starting to look good.

The Wachovia Securities grid has always been really really good. It always has. Danny may not be the best public speaker, but he has gone to bat for us big time.

on a side note, our largest producer left on friday. looks like he’ll be taking about 45% of his book.

our office basically had a party tonight, and yes i’m a little drunk. i gathered $12,000,000 in assets today, and have more to go tomorrow. stoked!!!

[/quote]

Get back to us in a month with how many of those assets stayed. Out of that 12 million Id be surprised if you kept 20% of it.