Skip navigation

Morgan Stanley August 2005 broker layoffs

or Register to post new content in the forum

34 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 17, 2006 6:20 pm

[quote=joedabrkr][quote=mikebutler222][quote=jonesnewbie][quote=mikebutler222]

It's simply unimaginable that there would be another round of cuts so soon (btw, didn't we have imaginary cuts in Oct and Nov?) much less that the cut line would be $300k.

[/quote]

Getting a little to close for comfort, eh, stanley?  Don't worry, Jones is always hiring. 

[/quote]

If the cut line were $300k at Jones they'd have to close half their offices (tucked between the Subway sandwich shop and the dry cleaners) and their sales contest trips would be 1/2 empty. (of course that would open up a lot of bandwidth in their 1995 era technology)

You know, the talk here is friendly and in jest, but given your hand in the outting, I don't have much time for you, little 'fella. Perhaps you'll prove yourself to be a man and "out" yourself as you enjoyed doing so to me. Until then, go back to "door walking" and jamming little old ladies into "touchdown" bonds, “newbie“.

[/quote]

He was involved in that mess?

[/quote]

Actually, mikebutler had a huge hand in his own outing. Looks to me like he's still playing the same hand.

Jan 17, 2006 6:30 pm

No one knows what Gorman will do when he gets there.  The only thing for certain is that management will lie about it until the bitter end. They cannot be trusted.

Jan 17, 2006 7:10 pm

[quote=Dirk Diggler][quote=joedabrkr][quote=mikebutler222][quote=jonesnewbie][quote=mikebutler222]

It's simply unimaginable that there would be another round of cuts so soon (btw, didn't we have imaginary cuts in Oct and Nov?) much less that the cut line would be $300k.

[/quote]

Getting a little to close for comfort, eh, stanley?  Don't worry, Jones is always hiring. 

[/quote]

If the cut line were $300k at Jones they'd have to close half their offices (tucked between the Subway sandwich shop and the dry cleaners) and their sales contest trips would be 1/2 empty. (of course that would open up a lot of bandwidth in their 1995 era technology)

You know, the talk here is friendly and in jest, but given your hand in the outting, I don't have much time for you, little 'fella. Perhaps you'll prove yourself to be a man and "out" yourself as you enjoyed doing so to me. Until then, go back to "door walking" and jamming little old ladies into "touchdown" bonds, “newbie“.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, mikebutler had a huge hand in his own outing. Looks to me like he's still playing the same hand.

[/quote]

LOL, do tell there BDG, let's here the deatils on that one.

Jan 17, 2006 7:12 pm

[quote=joedabrkr][quote=mikebutler222][quote=jonesnewbie][quote=mikebutler222]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He was, as was DD, even more directly. Notice he's like a dog with a bone on that one and still itches to play that card.

Jan 17, 2006 8:09 pm

[quote=mikebutler222][quote=Dirk Diggler][quote=joedabrkr][quote=mikebutler222][quote=jonesnewbie][quote=mikebutler222]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL, do tell there BDG, let's here the deatils on that one.

[/quote]

Er, allow me to translate to English  *

"LOL, do tell there, BDG, let's hear the details on that one

* a one time offer, I expect to due a batter jobe profreeding nect tame.

Jan 18, 2006 8:08 pm

[quote=mikebutler222]You know, the talk here is friendly and in jest, but given your hand in the outting, I don't have much time for you, little 'fella. Perhaps you'll prove yourself to be a man and "out" yourself as you enjoyed doing so to me. Until then, go back to "door walking" and jamming little old ladies into "touchdown" bonds, “newbie“.[/quote]

What hand?  We all know who outed you - the topgun guy - you said so yourself in the "Me" thread.  So why are you trying to blame me now?

As for the "touchdown" bonds, unfortunately we don't have those (or "touchdown" annuities, for that matter).

Jan 18, 2006 9:57 pm

[quote=jonesnewbie]

[quote=mikebutler222]You know, the talk here is friendly and in jest, but given your hand in the outting, I don't have much time for you, little 'fella. Perhaps you'll prove yourself to be a man and "out" yourself as you enjoyed doing so to me. Until then, go back to "door walking" and jamming little old ladies into "touchdown" bonds, “newbie“.[/quote]

What hand?  We all know who outed you - the topgun guy - you said so yourself in the "Me" thread.  So why are you trying to blame me now?

[/quote]

You had a part in it, as the now deleted thread showed. As I recall you were the first to raise the issue, and here you are playing on the "moving thing" again...

[quote=jonesnewbie]

As for the "touchdown" bonds, unfortunately we don't have those (or "touchdown" annuities, for that matter).

[/quote]

You mean you don't have them NOW, as in you don't have sales contest trips NOW, you have "diversity trips", right?

Jan 18, 2006 11:33 pm

[quote=mikebutler222][quote=jonesnewbie]

[/quote]

You had a part in it, as the now deleted thread showed. As I recall you were the first to raise the issue, and here you are playing on the "moving thing" again...

[quote=jonesnewbie]

[/quote]

You mean you don't have them NOW, as in you don't have sales contest trips NOW, you have "diversity trips", right?

[/quote]

Mike,

What about you? What part did YOU play?

Jan 18, 2006 11:37 pm

[quote=mikebutler222]

[/quote]

I may have noticed that mikebutler was just the old gasbag stanley in a new wig and glasses, but that's a far cry from giving out your real name and information.

And as for your checkered empolyment record, reread the thread, I wasn't the one saying anything about that. 

Jan 19, 2006 1:07 am

[quote=Dirk Diggler][quote=mikebutler222][quote=jonesnewbie]

[/quote]

[quote=jonesnewbie]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mike,

[/quote]

None, BDG. You've already asserted this and I asked you to back it up. Here's your second chance.....

Jan 19, 2006 1:09 am

[quote=jonesnewbie][quote=mikebutler222]

[/quote]

I may have noticed that mikebutler was just the old gasbag stanley in a new wig and glasses, but that's a far cry from giving out your real name and information.

And as for your checkered empolyment record, reread the thread, I wasn't the one saying anything about that. 

[/quote]

Gee, and here I was about to say "If I've misunderstood you..." but that "checkered" comment made it clear I don't have to. There's nothing "checkered" about it, I've succeeded everywhere I've ever been, every change I've ever made as been of my own choosing and just as importantly, I've never worked t Jones 

Jan 19, 2006 1:19 am

[quote=mikebutler222][quote=jonesnewbie][quote=mikebutler222]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gee, and here I was about to say "If I've misunderstood you..." but that "checkered" comment made it clear I don't have to. There's nothing "checkered" about it, I've succeeded everywhere I've ever been, every change I've ever made as been of my own choosing and just as importantly, I've never worked t Jones 

[/quote]

I don't care what everybody says, Mike. Seven jobs in the last 10 years, with 3 lasting less than a year, and 2 lasting less than 2 years is NOT checkered.

Obviously, you were quite successful at each.

Jan 19, 2006 1:30 am

[quote=Dirk Diggler][quote=mikebutler222][quote=jonesnewbie][quote=mikebutler222]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't care what everybody says, Mike. Seven jobs in the last 10 years, with 3 lasting less than a year, and 2 lasting less than 2 years is NOT checkered.

Obviously, you were quite successful at each.

[/quote]

Obviously I was, (spotless U-4, U-5 and more recruiter calls than I care to take) and just as obviously you're still hiding your CRD. Perhaps if you'd like to continue this, you'll quit hiding behind that skirt.

BTW, it’s seven in 15 years, two lasting just under a year.

Jan 19, 2006 1:32 am

[quote=Dirk Diggler][quote=mikebutler222][quote=jonesnewbie]

[/quote]

[quote=jonesnewbie]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mike,

[/quote]

Still waiting for your answer on this one, big boy. BTW, what's that CRD number and if I do a check of insurance agents will I find you haven't had a license for better than a year? Just curious....