Skip navigation

Metlife & 403Bs..and my middle finger

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Oct 29, 2009 7:34 pm

So I’m trying to enroll an existing client in their school district’s 403B plan (my b/d doesn’t have a payroll slot at this district, but Metlife does). 

I'd like to use a Met VA, but am unsure if I can, or if only captive agents can use this payroll slot.  "Metlife Investors Insurance Co." is listed on the plan document.  Metlife Investors insists they don't do 403Bs.   I've been on the telephone for 2 hours.  I've called 14 different Metlife phone numbers.  No one can help me.    Does anyone here know who I could contact?  There arent' any other vendors on these plans that I can use, and I'm not in the mood to suck business manager c0ck to get my b/d a payroll slot.    Thanks in advance - sorry for the crabbiness.   Here are the numbers I've already tried...    
Oct 29, 2009 7:50 pm

reached a last resort eh?

Oct 29, 2009 8:01 pm

I'm no help with MetLife specifically but I've found setting up new 403b's is a complete waste of time.. as you're seeing.  I'd just stay away and not worry about helping those people.  If you have a client with one, review it for them, but tell them they have to go through their school provided person.  I did one earlier this year with 403b ASP and it took a ton of time to set up, all for $50/month DCA..  No thanks.