Skip navigation

@ MER LOS 6 Years $600k Good?

or Register to post new content in the forum

22 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
May 14, 2008 2:09 am

rommel-

This is exactly what I have experienced too. I don't think you are the only one---in fact, I think there are a bunch of people who feel the same. It's a worthless manager---that's all. This too shall pass. In the meantime, kick butt. That's my goal...to see my name at the top of the list. I like that we post complex info daily. I look at daily top 50, and note how often I'm there. I print it out. I don't need him. I keep track. If I need to complain, I have plenty of ammo for the Director, and I get what I want. Just keep moving. You are doing great!
May 18, 2008 4:30 pm

A little homework can help you.  The Daily top 50 is posted on your WMW.  Our MER complex also distributes the complex top 10 producers every day.  As a previous post queried, how many times are you on those lists?  Also, print the quintile reports and figure out exactly which quintile you are in, and are you near the bottom, the median, or the top?  Figure a plan to move to the next. 

Is it politics?  There is a lot of that at my office, too.  You can spend so much time being distracted by the politics (not being redistributed an account) that you’ll waste the time that it would take you to acquire an account in your sweet spot.

A frank talk with management is always good.  But don’t be afraid to (respectfully) ask for clarification if he/she is being vague or talking in circles–the same way you would with a client.  If you tell you’re manager that you want to move up to the next quintile over the next year and you’d like his/her help, they SHOULD be more than happy to help you.  If not. . . .

If all else fails, review your book,think of the Pareto principle, and shop your options.  Bottom line is that the producer is the core of the business.  MER ought to know that now more than ever.

Best of luck.

–John Galt FA