Skip navigation

155 and counting

or Register to post new content in the forum

137 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jul 7, 2006 4:23 pm

Nasd-

Well last year you could just read the EDJ propoganda in their beautiful multi color newsletter called UPTICK. They highlighed an IR as "an unsung hero", and found after the fact that the guy did inherit/take over 100M office. It happens all the time.

And we are just supposed to turn the other cheek when they get highlighted for their achievments. In my region, the majority of 500K producers did not start from scratch.

Jul 7, 2006 4:27 pm

[quote=footsoldier]

Nasd-

Well last year you could just read the EDJ propoganda in their beautiful multi color newsletter called UPTICK. They highlighed an IR as "an unsung hero", and found after the fact that the guy did inherit/take over 100M office. It happens all the time.

And we are just supposed to turn the other cheek when they get highlighted for their achievments. In my region, the majority of 500K producers did not start from scratch.

[/quote]

When you have these guys come to your meetings and speak, is there ever a Q&A session? If so, has anyone ever asked "Aside from being given a book, as you were, what do you know about making it in this business?"?

Jul 7, 2006 4:38 pm

I guess the “newbie” never saw a number of “unprofitable” branches consolidated into 1 “super” branch for a failed HO LP or GP to take over either. The best example of failing upwards as far as “vets” is concerned.

Jul 7, 2006 4:44 pm

[quote=footsoldier]

Nasd-

[/quote]

What difference does that make to the way you do your business?

Jul 7, 2006 4:58 pm

[quote=mikebutler222][quote=footsoldier]

Nasd-

[/quote]

When you have these guys come to your meetings and speak, is there ever a Q&A session? If so, has anyone ever asked "Aside from being given a book, as you were, what do you know about making it in this business?"?

[/quote]

If you already had your Indy office ready, with phones turned on and resignation  in your left hand while you raised your right hand to ask this question, it would be PERFECT!

P.S. Car should be running by the front door of the building.....

Jul 7, 2006 5:41 pm

As said above, it doesn't affect one's ability to grow their own business if someone else got something easier and it's "not fair."  That's life.  I think the animosity is partially caused by the EJ attitude and "culture." That is:  the built from scratch office is the holy grail and that brokers who built an office are the "heroes of the firm."  However, if they don't really get anything extra for doing that heroic building, some say "why did I go through all that?!!"

This can be a disruptive force--at least in the wirehouses there's supposed to be some priority of account distribution (ostensibly somewhat "fair," or at least logical).  Not so at Jones--it's all or nothing for whomever steps in to an office (or doesn't step in), even if it's decent size and gives the inhabitant instant viability as a producer.  NASD--you are correct that many third+ hand stories don't get the details right, but the jist of the situation still is pretty close.

Jul 7, 2006 5:54 pm

[quote=Cowboy93]

This can be a disruptive force--at least in the wirehouses there's supposed to be some priority of account distribution (ostensibly somewhat "fair," or at least logical).

[/quote]

Thinking that a wirehouse is superior because accounts of departing brokers are distributed in some sort of fair method is not indicative of an ambitious individual--it sounds like you're wanting somebody to give you something rather than having to work for it.

Life is not fair, if you beat your head against the wall because somebody was given a book full of clients all you're going to get is a headache.

These are things you cannot change--work on things you can affect and stop worrying or being angry about what happens around you.

There's an old saying that you should not "Sweat the small stuff, and everything is small stuff."

Jul 7, 2006 6:01 pm

Nasd-

Right on. But just don't go into a relationship thinking that you are truly independent. You are not. Period.

The only thing we can control at Jones is the fluid intake. My intake valve is shut off. I thank Jones for the ride, but now its time to drive on my own.

Newbie, even if you are successful you can change b/d's. It's the rhetoric, the double speak, the outright lies, that some of us object to and it finally makes sense to be independent or leave for the wirehouses.

Jul 7, 2006 6:32 pm

[quote=footsoldier]

Nasd-

Right on. But just don't go into a relationship thinking that you are truly independent. You are not. Period.

The only thing we can control at Jones is the fluid intake. My intake valve is shut off. I thank Jones for the ride, but now its time to drive on my own.

Newbie, even if you are successful you can change b/d's. It's the rhetoric, the double speak, the outright lies, that some of us object to and it finally makes sense to be independent or leave for the wirehouses.

[/quote]

There are thousands and thousands of EDJ offices around the country.  Are the six or seven bitchoids who found this forum the only ones who "get it?"

Who are some top executives who have left EDJ, and where did they go?  I refuse to believe that a firm who treats its reps as bad as those of you who are whining would not be equally as unreponsive to the management team.

Who could I talk to on the management side of a wirehouse who fled from EDJ because they suck?

Jul 7, 2006 6:49 pm

Nasd-

I wondered if you were a GP. When you start using the language, ie "get it", you reveal your true self.

Guest1 and you sound alot alike. He was outed. Maybe you are him in disguise.

Jul 7, 2006 7:05 pm

[quote=footsoldier]

Nasd-

I wondered if you were a GP. When you start using the language, ie "get it", you reveal your true self.

Guest1 and you sound alot alike. He was outed. Maybe you are him in disguise.

[/quote]

Gosh you must be a genius.  Who would ever be able to key on an obscure phrase like "Just don't get it."

Congratulations Inspector Clouseau.

Jul 7, 2006 7:07 pm

[quote=NASD Newbie] [

There are thousands and thousands of EDJ offices around the country.  Are the six or seven bitchoids who found this forum the only ones who "get it?"

Who are some top executives who have left EDJ, and where did they go?  I refuse to believe that a firm who treats its reps as bad as those of you who are whining would not be equally as unreponsive to the management team.

Who could I talk to on the management side of a wirehouse who fled from EDJ because they suck?

[/quote]

And how many of those "thousands" of "sub" branches are open locations at any one time.

Why would a GP leave? They are set for life unless they really screw up and go to do charity work (by the way what is Holmes doing now)

Managers are dangled the LP carrot and then are fed the same kool-aid that the brokers drink. They in turn get their staff addicted to the same stuff. EJ is the McDonalds (or Wal-Mart) of the financial world.

We've hired millions of possible IRs (yes probably fewer than Primerica) if they don't stay with us they probably failed or did something wrong.

Jul 7, 2006 10:15 pm

[quote=NASD Newbie][quote=footsoldier]

Nasd-

[/quote]

[/quote]

One Word:  BARTOW

Jul 7, 2006 10:29 pm

I have a question for all those that have spent their time responding to NASD Newbie.  Why are you wasting your time?  I have been reading his posts, and he does is insult everybody and talk about a firm that he openly admits he never worked for in any capacity.  Don’t waste your time and lets move on to something productive!

Jul 7, 2006 10:30 pm

Sorry…I meant all he does is insult everybody

Jul 8, 2006 1:06 pm

I don’t feel insulted.

Jul 8, 2006 1:59 pm

munytalks:

If you already had your Indy office ready, with phones turned on and resignation  in your left hand while you raised your right hand to ask this question, it would be PERFECT!

P.S. Car should be running by the front door of the building.....

----------------------------------------