Working in UK

or Register to post new content in the forum



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Dec 22, 2009 9:35 am

I am moving to the UK where I am going back into the brokerage business after a 2 year hiatus in grad school. I’ve allowed my Series 7 license to expire, and will most likely need to take the licensing and compliance exams again.

Has anyone worked in the UK? If so, which exam route did you take? It seems like both the IMC and the CISI courses will satisfy the requirements to be a registered broker in the UK, but I am ignorant as to which one, if any, is more acceptable. I spoke to the FSA, and was told that they are equivalent, but in looking at some of the job postings, many cite having an IMC as a requirement.

If anyone has any experience one way or the other, I would appreciate your advice and input.