Skip navigation

Number of Exam Takers - Series 7 and Series 65/66

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 21, 2012 11:26 am

Anyone know the number of people who take the Series 7 and Series 65/66 each year.  I could not find anything on Google so I might have to call FINRA and/or the NASAA.  In the spirit of full disclosure, I am trying to determine if the demand for the series 65/66 would justify adding it to my business model.  I would have to buy the materials, etc.  It appears that the series 65/66 has changed alot since I took it many years ago in that it is much more investment focused now as opposed regulations-oriented. 

Jan 23, 2012 12:36 am

The series 65 is a Bit_h.  and then some.  Time constraints and material is very vague, grey and there is alot to it.  Not tobe taken lightly.  I used the Kaplan material but others would suggest otherwise.  I have been out of the business for a while and upon re-entry I find it has become a little more difficult.  Pretty much the same old Sh_t just more of it.  very little math mostly law!  Alot of Federal stuff on mine,  which I found odd.  I thought this was supposed to be about blue sky, State!  All in all I think in the end Kaplans material is better than STC.  It will probably take more than 40 hrs to study.  I spent at least 80 just to get the real understandning. 

Good luck!

Jan 23, 2012 8:30 pm

That is odd.  The content outline has 31% allocated to: "Laws, Regulations, and Guidelines, including Prohibition on Unethical Business Practices"  The rest looks like investment/economic related topics

Aug 21, 2013 5:45 pm

The series 65 was pretty easy IMO. Just take the practice tests on investopdia (although the questions are a bit outdated). This guide helped me pass: http://www.amazon.com/Uniform-Investment-Adviser-Comprehensive-Notes/dp/4563456543/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377107085&sr=1-4&keywords=uniform+investment+adviser+exam+notes