Skip navigation

**new** series 7 exam 11/7

or Register to post new content in the forum

110 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 28, 2015 4:50 am

I scored a 91 on the series 7 exam. The material on the exam is not difficult but there is a lot of material to get through and you need to know how to use your time. Make sure you are using solid review materials (not all are created equally) and have a good strategy for how to study for it.

There’s not enough room to write all my thoughts about the exam here, but in case anyone finds it helpful, I’ve shared in great detail my approach to preparing for the exam at the below website:

Personal Finance Insider dot com

I believe anyone could pass the exam on their first try by following a similar approach. Best of luck to everyone on their exam!

Mar 10, 2015 11:00 pm

Hey just a question but when you pass / fail your series 7 or 66 does your firm see the score you get or just a pass fail?

Mar 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Your firm will only be able to see if you passed but will know if you failed.

Mar 12, 2015 10:22 pm

Your firm DOES see your score either way… they even see if you did not show up for the the exam… not if you reschedule but if you just don’t show up without rescheduling. Every exam you take the firm sees on its Webcrd. In reality nobody cares but do NOT tell them you got a better score than you did that could be an ethical problem an cause them them to terminate your employment.
I can check on anyone’s score in my firm but most immediate supervisors may not have the permissions to see that.

Sep 11, 2015 11:55 pm

I am currently studying for my 7 and my practice and mock test scores are VERY low. At one point I was doing good and the last two weeks I have gone in the opposite direction. I don’t even know what else to do except to keep tacking the practice and mock exams. I am using Kaplan which is suppose to be good. This is honestly becoming frustrating and discouraging to say the least. PLEASE HELP! ANY SUGGESTIONS TO HELP ME!!

Sep 11, 2015 11:55 pm

I am currently studying for my 7 and my practice and mock test scores are VERY low. At one point I was doing good and the last two weeks I have gone in the opposite direction. I don’t even know what else to do except to keep tacking the practice and mock exams. I am using Kaplan which is suppose to be good. This is honestly becoming frustrating and discouraging to say the least. PLEASE HELP! ANY SUGGESTIONS TO HELP ME!!

Sep 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Cbbj,

I used training consultants and I barely passed my series 7. It is a long test with a lot of information. What really help me was creating a “cheat sheet” that included all the different equations and an options table. I felt that once I wrote everything down, I was more able to think straight and not get confused with equations or more importantly the options table. I hope that helps!

cbbj:

Feb 19, 2016 1:46 am

Hi, does anyone have the Kaplan prep materials including the question bank that they would like to sell? If so, please PM me, thanks!

May 31, 2017 1:36 pm

So I got a 68 my first time and just took it yesterday and scored a 71. I am beyond frustrated. I took the 5 day review class last week and am thinking the only thing that would help me now would be a tutor. Have been using STC and scoring right around passing but am running out of ideas. Help!

Jan 17, 2021 4:25 am

I just scored a 61 on the series 7 and it was very disappointing. Thankfully my firm is giving me another chance in 30 days. I am really struggling with options and there was a ton of option questions. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this click in my head I just can’t seem to grasp it ugh!! I am also using passperfect to study any feedback if anyone used this and what I should be scoring on finals exams ? Any tips to help me pass this second time I really need my job!! Thank you .