Skip navigation

2011 Prospecting Ideas for a new FA

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 5, 2011 1:48 pm

Hello all,

I am a few months in with AXA Advisors in NJ and overall I am having a good experience. My marketing technique has been completely cold market. I spend about 35 out of my 45 hour work week cold calling and building lists.

I was hoping to get some ideas from experienced FA's on other strategies I could use to reach more potential clients and prospects. I have been using little natural market because my family and friends have yet to gain enough trust in me.

Appreciate the help,

Joe

Jan 5, 2011 3:18 pm

Seminars, expos, door knocking, and asking for referrals from those friends and family.

Apr 24, 2017 7:21 am

Seems like your on the right track. You understand that this business is about 1 thing....Prospecting prospecting prospecting!!!!

Most advisors lose the ability to consistently prospect. And young guys flame out early because they don't.

I am 4 years into the business as an FA and have raised 40million and built a book that generates 400k in production.

This is the only business where you can be your own boss and create your own busienss WITHOUT HAVING TO PUT YOUR OWN CAPITAL TO RISK.

All you have to do is learn how to prospect effectively, and SELL the value that you provide to clients.

If your interested in learning more about growing and how I did it, I share insights and guides and techniques at my website Use promo code "godfathers" for 10% of my Cold Calling Guide thefacoach.com/product/coldcalling. Good Luck!

Mar 23, 2020 9:14 am

If I were you I’d study from some books written by Cialdini as a starting point.