Skip navigation

Fixed Annuities

or Register to post new content in the forum

64 RepliesJump to last post



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jul 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Chief123, 90% of the fixed annuity sales were from cold calling strangers. The other 10% were sales to my existing book.

Jul 30, 2009 4:33 pm

That has to be some nice production. do you find the 5 yr rates are better than what they can get at the banks

Jul 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Squash, I work in a Credit Union.  Our 5 year CD pays a sliver more than the 5 year MYGA contracts but these people are willing to take a slightly smaller yield for the flexibility of free 10% withdrawals of contract value.

Jul 30, 2009 8:26 pm

I actually have some rates that are going up…American General next week… Cds in my area are around 2% vs 3.5 for fixed annuity… Not a bad time to call and pick up so easy money.