Skip navigation

I sold everyone out at S&P 925

or Register to post new content in the forum

24 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Aug 6, 2009 1:12 am

Please point me to one instance in which I talked about a buy and hold ETF portfolio.

Aug 6, 2009 1:23 am
Ron 14:

Please point me to one instance in which I talked about a buy and hold ETF portfolio.

Not worth my time.  You listed a number of indexes as your "balanced portfolio".  So that means either an ETF portfolio or mutual funds that mirror indexes.  I suppose you could be using mutual funds.  Either way, it is the same generic crap available everywhere that has 5 of the 7 investments in the lower right quadrant of the scatterplot.  Typical bank crap with a nice story.  But hey, you were only down 70% of the S&P last year with less than 70% equity exposure.  Impressive (sarcasm).
Aug 6, 2009 3:32 am

I referenced a balanced ETF portfolio under the “Text Book Head and Shoulders Pattern” title. I never once said it was “my portfolio” or even something I used. I mentioned it to relay a 10 yr return, nothing more.

Why in gods name would anyone try to impress an investor by showing them a portfolio with 5 of 7 investments in the LOWER RIGHT QUADRANT of the scatterplot ?
Aug 6, 2009 1:28 pm

Ron14- That sound you hear is the train that is getting ready to run you over…