Skip navigation

Exxon 1967?

or Register to post new content in the forum

33 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 3, 2006 12:45 am

[/quote]

Not likely, but you've really put us in our place. I am quite humbled.

By the way...I'll bet my favorite cat food bowl that I'll do your wife more times this month than you will all year.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I suspect that you're pretty happy having it trickle in on the back end.

[/quote]

Dirk......some examples of your gracious etiquitte.

Feb 3, 2006 12:46 am

[quote=Dirk Diggler][quote=babbling looney][quote=Dirk Diggler][quote=AAA insured]

A friend of the family recently died. She had 2500 shares of Exxon that were purchased back in 1967. Her CPA failed to keep accurate books. No cost basis was recorded. Does anyone know of a way to find this? Not even my Bloomberg dates before 1970. Thank you.

[/quote]

Why do you need to calculate the basis?

[/quote]

Good point, Dirk.  Shouldn't there be a step up in value?

[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. Maybe he's a democrap and thinks the family should pay taxes on it. Either that or he's a total moron who should go back to stockbroker 101.

[/quote]

More examples of your glorious candor.

Feb 3, 2006 12:53 am

Dirk,

you are a cornecopia of good vibes. I mean… who wouldn’t feel honored to

have your insightful wisdom rained down upon their wretched soul?

Dirk, your insights are so pure they should market 100% organinc soap

branded with your icon

Clearly a symbol for one we all should take seriously. Hell, I even leaned

forward and sniffed my screen, I felt so blessed.

Feb 3, 2006 1:07 am

[quote=dude]

Dirk,

you are a cornecopia of good vibes. I mean… who wouldn’t feel honored

to have your insightful wisdom rained down upon their wretched soul?

Dirk, your insights are so pure they should market 100% organinc soap

branded with your icon:

Clearly a symbol for one we all should take seriously. Hell, I even leaned

forward and sniffed my screen, I felt so blessed.

[/quote]

I’m just flattered with all of the unsolicited attention that you’ve been

giving me.

Feb 3, 2006 4:53 am

I never asked for the cost basis…I was looking for historical pricing. Are you guys actually advisors/reg reps? Couldnt be much older than 22 if so. Try using an instant messenger instead of wasting space on this forum with your usless commentary. You look like idiots.  

Feb 3, 2006 6:00 am

[quote=AAA insured]I never asked for the cost basis...I was looking for historical pricing. Are you guys actually advisors/reg reps? Couldnt be much older than 22 if so. Try using an instant messenger instead of wasting space on this forum with your usless commentary. You look like idiots.  [/quote]

Maybe they look like idiots, but at least they have a sense of humor.  You, however, seem to have a stick up your behind....get a life!

Feb 3, 2006 3:02 pm

Doesn’t your firm have a research library? Ask them. Also ask for all capital changes since 1967. Do you have physical certs? Use the prices vs. dates on the certs.

Feb 3, 2006 3:20 pm

[quote=AAA insured]I never asked for the cost basis...I was looking for historical pricing. Are you guys actually advisors/reg reps? Couldnt be much older than 22 if so. Try using an instant messenger instead of wasting space on this forum with your usless commentary. You look like idiots.  [/quote]

We are possibly confused because you wanted to know how to find cost basis in your original post......remember???

A friend of the family recently died. She had 2500 shares of Exxon that were purchased back in 1967. Her CPA failed to keep accurate books. No cost basis was recorded. Does anyone know of a way to find this? Not even my Bloomberg dates before 1970. Thank you.

Cost basis research to me, means you want to know either 1.)what the original purchase price was in order to solve a tax issue or 2.) you needed to adjust the original purchase for splits  and find shares that are missing if they were issued as physical certificates.  If you are just curious how much a share of stock cost that's nice. But does it really mean anything if the friend of the family is dead.  The heirs get a step up in basis so it means nothing.

Feb 3, 2006 3:28 pm

We’re a bond dealer and I do have a research dept. Even w/those capabilties it was a little difficult to find. Im on vacation and thought I would try this forum. I did find the info I needed though. Thanks

Feb 3, 2006 3:29 pm

Babbling Looney - You are right. My question was not properly worded. Thanks

Feb 3, 2006 3:34 pm

[quote=AAA insured]Babbling Looney - You are right. My question was not properly worded. Thanks[/quote]

I'm ready to accept your apology.

Feb 5, 2006 2:23 am

Has anyone else realized that over the past year Exxon makes more than $100 million dollars a day?  That’s not revenues–that’s net profit, folks!  BTW, I believe Humble Oil Company acquired Esso, but kept the Esso name.  There are still Esso stations in Canada, owned by Exxon’s Canadian arm, Imperial Oil.  Just useless facts I know, but thought someone may remember.

Feb 5, 2006 5:05 pm

Yeah, and I remember just 6 yrs. ago when the market cap. of CSCO EXCEEDED the mkt. cap of XOM. This was shortly AFTER the merger of the 2 largest oil co’s. on the planet…Exxon and Mobil. CSCO stupidly overvalued and XOM ridiculously undervalued. Try driving to work with a tank full of “routers” whatever that is.