Sponsored by Schwab Advisor Services
Mergers and acquisitions are becoming a more common way for larger RIAs to grow. But successfully managing a merger or acquisition after the deal closes is anything but a straight line—and many RIAs are looking for guidance on how to build a “culture of one.”
In this episode, Mark Bruno, managing director at Informa Wealth Management, speaks with Greg Friedman, chief executive officer and founder of Private Ocean Wealth Management and Cynthia Greenfield, chief experience officer at Private Ocean Wealth Management, about strategies for successfully navigating a company merger or acquisition. Greg and Cynthia discuss their most recent book, Integrating Culture in Successful RIA Mergers and Acquisitions, as a way to share their experience and expertise.
Mark, Cynthia and Greg discuss:
- The importance of culture in the success of a merger or acquisition;
- Strategies that have worked for Private Ocean in the past to build an active employee-employer relationship through mergers and acquisitions;
- How coaches and facilitators can help in developing more proactive and rewarding meetings;
- Strategies to bring employees together after a merger; and
- What Private Ocean is doing today to enhance the culture it wants to create in its workplace.