Skip navigation

2010 Looks Fairly Bleak For Brokers

or Register to post new content in the forum

41 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 20, 2010 12:43 am

[quote=BigKahuna] [quote=snaggletooth][quote=Spaceman Spiff]What world does she live in? How many of you had entertainment budgets? How many of your phones rang off the hook last year?

Her point of view is that 2010 is bleak? I guess that depends on what’s going on between your ears. I see 2010 just like I did 2009 - an opportunity. There are still lazy brokers and dissatisfied clients. That means ACAT opportunities for the guy who decides to pull his head out of the sand (or a spot that’s much darker and more fragrant) and get to work gathering assets.

[/quote]

Agreed…100%. People are looking for answers. I can’t believe how many assets are in old employers retirement plans. Many clients haven’t even heard from their advisor.    [/quote]

You are not prospecting!!! I have been doing this for some time and this is the HARDEST period I have ever lived through trying to attain new clents.[/quote]

You’re not prospecting. If you are, you aren’t good at it. There is not a better time to bring in assets. I started in Dec 08. Prospecting during this market, has been the easiest it probably ever has been. People need help, they want help, and they are mad at their current broker. You must be prospecting graveyards…or daycares.