Skip navigation

eMoney 360

or Register to post new content in the forum

14 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Apr 30, 2009 12:44 am

Anyone try this software?  Pretty cool stuff, but most likely very expensive.

http://www.emoneyadvisor.com/emacorp/default.htm

Apr 30, 2009 1:08 pm

Very expensive… I think LPL has a version of this, they call it Wealth 360 or something (they pay $360/month for it and that is heavily discounted)

Apr 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Yeah, its LPL’s WealthVision.  I don’t have it but I’m not sure LPL’s version can do everything that eMoney 360 does. 

Anyone know for sure?
Apr 30, 2009 4:52 pm

I pay $300/month for LPL’s version (WealthVision). I use it fo building financial plans, but I don’t have my clients using it to aggregate their financial data (credit cards, mortage, bank accounts, etc.).  I am starting to charge for “financial planning” (per plan). I need to raise my rates, but I just charged a couple $500 for a retirement plan (plus they are rolling over some accounts). That paid for April’s WealthVision fee.

May 2, 2009 2:51 am

Love it - worth every penny. Every one.

Jul 20, 2010 11:56 pm

Anyone still using eMoney?

Jul 21, 2010 10:19 pm

I use it.

I have use several plans over the years and I like what it does so far.

$300 a month not cheap but worth it so far.

Aug 31, 2010 2:57 pm

I am using LPL's version of Emoney, WealthVision. I used the Sunguard system before when I was at EJ.

WealthVision (Emoney) is expensive, $300 a month. (And as if $300 isn't enough, Emoney wants to sell you these marketing videos for an additional $100 per month... so you can email clients videos about how great Emoney is. I don't get this.)

However, I find the Emoney system to be very good. It does financial planning. But also allows both the advisor and the client to use the software. (The Sunguard was controlled only by the advisor.)  Will clients use it? I'll have to see.

Emoney is constantly updating the software. I believe their goal is to have it function as an integrated tool, with Financial Planning, Client Website, Account Aggregation, Portfolio Analysis, Document Storage and even CRM built in. LPL has thrown their support behind it and does a great job servicing the software.

Some of the Independent advisors I know don't have it because they don't want to pay for it. Maybe they are right and I am wrong. But there is more to being Independent than getting a 90% payout. I thnk if Independents don't have the state of the art tools than we risk offering a lower quality service to our clients.

Edward Jones is a smart company. They have a financial planning suite. Many FAs reported good results. I think if you are getting Financial Planning software Emoney is one of the best if not the best. I would like to hear more about advisors experiences with it.

I'll revisit this post in 6 months or so after I have used it more.

Sep 25, 2010 12:25 pm

[quote=American Flag]...

WealthVision (Emoney) is expensive, $300 a month. (And as if $300 isn't enough, Emoney wants to sell you these marketing videos for an additional $100 per month... so you can email clients videos about how great Emoney is. I don't get this.)[/quote]

Incredibly expensive. MoneyGuidePro offers the same planning software (client facing planning, document storage, etc.) - some say better - which you can combine with Cashedge. Cashedge is the same technology which underpins Wealthvision, doing aggregating from various sources. 

Cashedge costs $100 a month. MGP is $999 a year. Thus Wealthvision costs 50% more (and by the way, that's only if your firm has an arrangement with them). Yeah ... no thanks, no matter what additional bells and whistles you get.

Sep 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Emoney most over used software ever.. Can't tell you how many competitors websites(indy) i go to and they have that same stupid video on everyone..

Sep 27, 2010 6:33 pm

LOL... Squash, that is pretty funny.  You are right that that video is on a lot of sights. The puzzling thing is they made 20 more videos targeted at specific market segments... and they want advisors to pay $50 a month for the priviledge of emailing these videos. The existing video is bad enough!

Still... full disclosure... I may add it to my web site too.

Sep 27, 2010 6:01 pm

If you are paying for the software I would definitely put it on your site...

Nov 16, 2010 6:12 pm

[quote=American Flag]

LOL... Squash, that is pretty funny.  You are right that that video is on a lot of sights. The puzzling thing is they made 20 more videos targeted at specific market segments... and they want advisors to pay $50 a month for the priviledge of emailing these videos. The existing video is bad enough!

Still... full disclosure... I may add it to my web site too.

[/quote]

I will probably go to eMoney soon as I just went Indy in the last month.  Personally, I like the videos and marketing tools they have, but I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to things like that.  Honestly, I know we all check up on competitors' sites and probably notice the videos recurringly, but by and large, our clients/prospective clients do not.  Having your logo/address integrate into the video is a neat touch and I think helps to make you or your firm look more professional.  Obviously, quality of advice is the most important thing, but the professional touches do matter, IMO. 

Nov 22, 2010 7:57 pm

I spent some time with eMoney over the past week and it has a couple perks that I have not seen in planning software yet.

1. Document Storage (statements, scanned passports, even passwords, basically any information you may need while away from home) 2. Account aggregation and real time updating (might seem overkill to some clients) 3. Client access (makes them feel like they have their own "part" in your business/company)

I have not checked out moneyguidepro yet but look forward to doing so...