Sample interview questions
What are some of the most popular interview questions one could expect
for a Registered Rep postion for a new person to the industry?
Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
You ever seen a grown man naked?
Have you ever seen a brand new hundred dollar bill?
Wanna go camping?
Here are some of the ones that I had recently with a corporate recruiter:
1. Can you provide me with a list of 100 names of contacts/prospects right now?
2. WHY (yelling) cant you provide me with a list? (You respond "because no one told me I needed to bring a list.) Thier Response "A GOOD FINANCIAL ADVISOR WOULD HAVE KNOWN TO BRING ME A LIST!!!! (yelling again)
3. Give me an example of how much money your wife makes?
4. Can you provdie me with the names of your wife's corporation's senior partners? (I SHEITE You not).
5. If you become a FA with our company, will your wife's company bring all of thier business to you?
6. Give me an example of how you recently have been presented with an insurmountable situation and then overcome it?
7. How many people with over $250,000 in cash assets do you know?
8. Why didnt you bring a busniess plan to this meeting? (Respond that your last interviewer specifically told you that you didnt need one - they REALLY like that!!!!)
Come prepared - every interview I have been through thus far (Another this morning at 10am local time) the first thing they tell me is that it is thier job to talke me OUT of becoming an FA. Be confident, not cocky, do your own due diligence about the FA field BEFORE you ever step foot into an interview.