On the point of being hired

or Register to post new content in the forum

 

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 8, 2009 8:38 am

I have been going through the interview process with both Edward Jones and Morgan Stanley and have a timing issue I need to resolve. My history is that I went through the hiring process with MS and got to the stage of a verbal offer, but things got held up by the market meltdown etc. While waiting I went through the EDJ process and they sent me an offer and gave me a week to respond. The guy at MS has been hard to get hold off, but I did just have a comp discussion with him (of the nature of "markets are terrible, how little will you put up with"?). I have to send in my Jones paperwork today, but I would like to continue my discussions with MS. My EDJ payroll date is not for a couple of weeks. How would they react if I do decide MS is the right place for me and back out before my payroll date?

Jan 8, 2009 8:54 am

If it's pre-start date, you'll be fine, at that point they haven't invested anything in you, just put your start date out a month.

 
best of luck to you.
Jan 8, 2009 9:02 am

Thank you. That is what I thought.