Skip navigation

Passed the Series 7&66 now what do I DO?

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Mar 29, 2006 3:05 pm

I have a Interview set up with Merril Lynch next week and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips for me. I have just recently passed by series 7 and 66, but the downside is I have no previouse training. The firm I am working with right now doesnt have a position available for me anymore to due to budget issues. So now it looks like I can stay with them and go indy and have no idea on how what i am doing or look for other opportunitys. Currently right now I have interviews with Waddell and Reed, Merril Lynch and John Hancock. Any advice would be a real help.

Mar 29, 2006 3:27 pm

Make sure you wear pants.

Mar 29, 2006 4:41 pm

Is it a budget issue?

You were sponsored, but no training? Was this an indy firm?

Mar 29, 2006 4:58 pm

Merril Lynch is a good firm. However their goals for a newbie are pretty lofty. They will also want you to push clients into expensive investments.

Mar 29, 2006 5:11 pm

[quote=Cruiser]Merril Lynch is a good firm. However their goals for a newbie are pretty lofty. They will also want you to push clients into expensive investments.[/quote]

What do you mean by an "Expensive investment?"

Mar 29, 2006 5:13 pm

Fee Based.

Mar 29, 2006 5:20 pm

[quote=Cruiser]Fee Based. [/quote]

Are you saying that Merrill favors maximizing profits?

Say it ain't so, that's too capitalistic to be true.

Mar 29, 2006 9:23 pm

WR and John Hancock- Hancock has the products which are good, but lack support for Advisors. I interviewed with them, the manager was a joke, just one of those guys that kept telling me he has got guys in his office making 100k plus easy. Not impressed, i want product, knowledge, ect with my firm not just a check. Merrill is good, its all about branch managers.

Mar 29, 2006 9:24 pm

Fee based isn't necessarily "expensive".  It all depends on what the account is invested in, what type(s) of activities and how much attention the advisor gives the account.  It may be more or less expensive than a commission based account.  You can't make a blanket statement like that.