Skip navigation

LPL 401k Platform

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Apr 2, 2008 12:28 am

Do any of you wonderful people know what LPL offers in terms of 401k plans for small businesses/lawyers/doctors/etc?

Do they have an open platform? Who do they offer?

Any help is appreciated.

Apr 2, 2008 12:30 am

Also, do any of you have any thoughts on LPL in regards to their 401k offerings?

Apr 2, 2008 1:30 am

I am looking for an idea of providers that LPL offers in terms of 401k plans. These are for plans that have already been set up and active for years.

Apr 2, 2008 3:06 am

It would be hard to find another B/D that offers more 401k platforms!  Call a local TPA, and they can probably recommend some good plans, or at least some plans they like to work with.  I did a takeover of a 401k (about $500k) using ING and a local TPA. It went great.

I really don't know what else to say because there is SO much out there.  I even spoke with a guy earlier this year who will put together a custom 401k for companies using Mutual of Omaha!  It was some pretty cool stuff to give the owner a larger % of the overall contribution.   LPL can work with: ING Principal American Funds Oppenheimer Lord Abbett MFS etc. etc. etc.   If you have a chance to take over a $500K+ size 401k, the hardest part will be narrowing down your choices.
Apr 2, 2008 5:19 am

I like Fidelity’s plan, I would assume LPL advisors can use it.

Apr 2, 2008 11:42 am

[quote=now_indy]

LPL can work with: ING Principal American Funds Oppenheimer Lord Abbett MFS etc. etc. etc..[/quote]   That is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you very much.