Forum moderators

or Register to post new content in the forum

38 RepliesJump to last post

 

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Sep 14, 2006 10:55 pm

These bums are ridiculous!  They deposited one of my posts, and deactivated our executive NASD friend again.  <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />


 


Why do they keep censoring our conversations? 


 

Sep 14, 2006 10:59 pm

Anytime we get someone on this forum who actually has a sense of humor: mojo, put trader, Rodger Thornhill, AnnuityGuy, they boot them..<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />


 


WTF!!!    


 


Now they are starting to depots our posts. This forum is going down the tubes!!!!!!!

Sep 14, 2006 10:59 pm

When was Newbie deactivated, and how do you know?

Why was your post deleted?

Do tell!

Sep 14, 2006 11:15 pm

Joey:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />


 


I think NASD was deactivated yesterday.  If you look at his profile, you can see it clearly stating “not active”.  This is garbage because NASD is genuinely interested in helping rookies and they booted him for no reason this time.  


 


 Now, there are about three people I take seriously on this forum- yourself included.   


 


As far as my post, I reposted an excerpt from one of my conversations with brotherk.  The moderators probably construed my comments as racial, and removed the entire conversation.  Yet our topic had nothing to do with race or the fact that Mr. K is African American.   


 

Shmer
Sep 15, 2006 12:06 am

Shmer, if you're having NASD withdrawal, you can PM his latest incarnation...P G D M...

Sep 15, 2006 12:12 am
Shmer33:

Joey:


 


I think NASD was deactivated yesterday.  If you look at his profile, you can see it clearly stating “not active”.  This is garbage because NASD is genuinely interested in helping rookies and they booted him for no reason this time.  


 


 Now, there are about three people I take seriously on this forum- yourself included.   


 


As far as my post, I reposted an excerpt from one of my conversations with brotherk.  The moderators probably construed my comments as racial, and removed the entire conversation.  Yet our topic had nothing to do with race or the fact that Mr. K is African American.   


 

Shmer



Thanks Shmer.

Newbie has some useful info on certain topics, but pretends to be an expert on all aspects of the biz.  He also posts a lot of stuff that is TOTALLY inaccurate.

Didn't catch your quote of brothak.  He tells us he is African American, but on the internet you can be whomever you want to be.  For all you know he could be another of Newbie's alter egos.

Sep 15, 2006 12:20 am

Even though at first I thought NASD was a hater. I think started to realize why he came off the way he did. I think he just wants to tell the truth, instead of just going along with what people want to hear. If you see this NASD, ONE LOVE man, ONE LOVE.


P.S: To the forum moderators; WE WANT NASD BACK!@!

Sep 15, 2006 1:24 am
choida:

Even though at first I thought NASD was a hater. I think started to realize why he came off the way he did. I think he just wants to tell the truth, instead of just going along with what people want to hear. If you see this NASD, ONE LOVE man, ONE LOVE.


P.S: To the forum moderators; WE WANT NASD BACK!@!



speak for your self.

he'll be back soon anyway.   like athlete's foot.

Sep 15, 2006 2:45 am

just wanted to add a positive comment. the guy is still "disuading." Yea, I did it NASD, i didn't capitalize the first word of the sentence. what you gonna do about it?!

Sep 15, 2006 10:26 am

He'll find some library with a different internet signature than his home PC, and he'll be back soon enough.  Actually if he ever comes back it will be way too soon.



Good job moderators.

Sep 15, 2006 11:00 am
BankFC:

He'll find some library with a different internet signature than his home PC, and he'll be back soon enough.  Actually if he ever comes back it will be way too soon.



Good job moderators.



You're assuming he actually has a home computer!

Sep 15, 2006 3:09 pm

Actually all one needs is a good IP blocker software and you can log onto this site with as many identities as you want from the same computer.

Sep 15, 2006 5:16 pm

He made a comment about one of the newbs on here that could be construed as bigotted to African Americans. I don't think he is a bigot, but still a stupid move seeing that the moderators are pretty strict

Sep 15, 2006 6:43 pm

I repeated what someone else said..  <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />


 


I am not a bigot..  


 


Nevertheless, does anyone actually know why they keep booting nasd?

Sep 15, 2006 7:05 pm

Because he is a virus that removes value from the forum.  Every thread he touches is damaged immediately; often beyond repair.  90% of his commentary was comprised of personal attacks against individuals (although in truth he got his fair share in return), and worthless.  The other 10% was full of information that was such a mix of fact, opinion, and misinformation that any details had to be confirmed by outside resources before believing.


Since he's been gone there have been many meaningful threads in which actual knowledge has been shared among financial professionals.  Whether they be broker, advisor, recruiter, wholesaler, attorney.  Whether they work at a wire, a bank, a small regional, or a national firm.  Fee based and transactional.  People were educated, and it was good.


There are still a few who spend their time commenting on other people's posts, instead of commenting on the topic at hand, but none who were as distracting as him (he?).


I, for one, am glad he's gone.  Although I'm certainly expecting to hear from him again (if I haven't already).


Enough of that!  Time for a beer.  HAPPY FRIDAY!

Sep 15, 2006 7:23 pm
FreedomLvr:

Because he is a virus that removes value from the forum.  Every thread he touches is damaged immediately; often beyond repair.  90% of his commentary was comprised of personal attacks against individuals (although in truth he got his fair share in return), and worthless.  The other 10% was full of information that was such a mix of fact, opinion, and misinformation that any details had to be confirmed by outside resources before believing.


Since he's been gone there have been many meaningful threads in which actual knowledge has been shared among financial professionals.  Whether they be broker, advisor, recruiter, wholesaler, attorney.  Whether they work at a wire, a bank, a small regional, or a national firm.  Fee based and transactional.  People were educated, and it was good.


There are still a few who spend their time commenting on other people's posts, instead of commenting on the topic at hand, but none who were as distracting as him (he?).


I, for one, am glad he's gone.  Although I'm certainly expecting to hear from him again (if I haven't already).


Enough of that!  Time for a beer.  HAPPY FRIDAY!



I quit drinking...would you mind having 19 beers for me?

Sep 15, 2006 11:51 pm
FreedomLvr:

Because he is a virus that removes value from the forum.  Every thread he touches is damaged immediately; often beyond repair.  90% of his commentary was comprised of personal attacks against individuals (although in truth he got his fair share in return), and worthless.  The other 10% was full of information that was such a mix of fact, opinion, and misinformation that any details had to be confirmed by outside resources before believing.


Since he's been gone there have been many meaningful threads in which actual knowledge has been shared among financial professionals.  Whether they be broker, advisor, recruiter, wholesaler, attorney.  Whether they work at a wire, a bank, a small regional, or a national firm.  Fee based and transactional.  People were educated, and it was good.


There are still a few who spend their time commenting on other people's posts, instead of commenting on the topic at hand, but none who were as distracting as him (he?).


I, for one, am glad he's gone.  Although I'm certainly expecting to hear from him again (if I haven't already).


Enough of that!  Time for a beer.  HAPPY FRIDAY!



FWIW there's nothing wrong with poking a little fun at your fellow forum members now and then, presuming it's not overly mean spirited.  After all it adds a little flavor as long as it's not done in completely poor taste.  Problem is that newbie that he was an expert in EVERYTHING and at times could be a complete ASS!

Just my 2 cents.

Sep 16, 2006 8:46 pm

I respected many things that he had to say. But he came off crude so many times that it rubbed people the wrong way. He had great insight into the investing side of the bizz, but little to no knowledge about the insurance part of the biz. But wrote like he was a master.

Sep 17, 2006 12:37 am

He had (has?) little-to-no working knowledge of the investment side of our business.  His only area of limited expertise is in the derivatives arena.  He dispensed advice that to an experienced broker was pure nonsense, but if acted upon by a newly minted broker could cause the premature end of a promising career.  That in particular is why I despise the little office pogue.

Sep 18, 2006 1:08 pm

NASD is a waste of time and a loser.  If you liked his posts (or even read them) YOU ARE A LOSER TOO. 


He is already back as Maven.  How sick.