Come on guys! Let's do this!
I think it would be interesting for all us regulars to vote on what the primary reason is for Putzy's obsession for posting on this website.
There are so many possible causes, such as vanity, multiple personality issues, ignored or held in comtempt in his workplace, (assuming he has already not been slung out to pasture) no respect or sex from his wife (if she really exists) ..........the interesting part is deciding on the primary and overwhelming cause of his daily posts that would bore a blind man to death by reading them - in braille or otherwise......
Oh, Putzy, please feel free to post your own insights into why you think you are such a peckerbreath.....you can use any of your posting names you feel like using.....don't worry - we'll know it's you....
Career Boredom is my vote.
He sees his life slowly ebbing away like sand in an hour glass and says to himself, "What shall I do with the pitiful few remaining days of my life?" Does he choose to do something positive? Contribute to society? Nope. He says, "Wait, I will lighten my otherwise dark and boring existence by screwing with everyone on the Registered Rep bulletin board."
Now in person, I'm sure Put gets his attention by wearing plaid sports coats and polka dot ties. However, in a bulletin board environment, he must write with a style that is the equivalent of plaid.
He is not to be loathed or hated. He is to be pitied for the miserable person that he has become.
How to spot signs and symptoms of Serial Sullies, Sociopaths and Psychopaths:
1. Convincing, practised liar and when called to account, will make up anything spontaneously to fit their needs at that moment
2. Has a Jekyll and Hyde nature - is vile, vicious and vindictive in private, but innocent and charming in front of witnesses; no-one can (or wants to) believe this individual has a vindictive nature - only the current target of the serial bully’s aggression sees both sides; whilst the Jekyll side is described as “charming” and convincing enough to deceive personnel, management and a tribunal, the Hyde side is frequently described as “evil”; Hyde is the real person, Jekyll is an act
3. Excels at deception and should never be underestimated in their capacity to deceive
uses excessive charm and is always plausible and convincing when peers, superiors or others are present (charm can be used to deceive as well as to cover for lack of empathy)
4. Is glib, shallow and superficial with plenty of fine words and lots of form - but there’s no substance
is possessed of an exceptional verbal facility and will outmanoeuvre most people in verbal interaction, especially at times of conflict
5. Often described as smooth, slippery, slimy, ingratiating, fawning, toadying, obsequious, sycophantic
6. Relies on mimicry, repetition and regurgitation to convince others that he or she is both a “normal” human being and a tough dynamic manager, as in extolling the virtues of the latest management fads and pouring forth the accompanying jargon
7. Is unusually skilled in being able to anticipate what people want to hear and then saying it plausibly
cannot be trusted or relied upon
fails to fulfil commitments
8. Emotionally retarded with an arrested level of emotional development; whilst language and intellect may appear to be that of an adult, the bully displays the emotional age of a five-year-old
9. Emotionally immature and emotionally untrustworthy
exhibits unusual and inappropriate attitudes to sexual matters, sexual behaviour and bodily functions; underneath the charming exterior there are often suspicions or hints of sex discrimination and sexual harassment, perhaps also sexual dysfunction, sexual inadequacy, sexual perversion, sexual violence or sexual abuse
10. In a relationship, is incapable of initiating or sustaining intimacy
11. Holds deep prejudices (eg against the opposite gender, people of a different sexual orientation, other cultures and religious beliefs, foreigners, etc - prejudiced people are unvaryingly unimaginative) but goes to great lengths to keep this prejudicial aspect of their personality secret
12. Is self-opinionated and displays arrogance, audacity, a superior sense of entitlement and sense of invulnerability and untouchability
13. Is a control freak and has a compulsive need to control everyone and everything you say, do, think and believe; for example, will launch an immediate personal attack attempting to restrict what you are permitted to say if you start talking knowledgeably about psychopathic personality or antisocial personality disorder in their presence - but aggressively maintains the right to talk (usually unknowledgeably) about anything they choose; serial bullies despise anyone who enables others to see through their deception and their mask of sanity
14. Displays a compulsive need to criticise while simultaneously refusing to value, praise and acknowledge others, their achievements, or their existence
15. Shows a lack of joined-up thinking with conversation that doesn’t flow and arguments that don’t hold water
16. Flits from topic to topic so that you come away feeling you’ve never had a proper conversation
refuses to be specific and never gives a straight answer
17. Is evasive and has a Houdini-like ability to escape accountability
undermines and destroys anyone who the bully perceives to be an adversary, a potential threat, or who can see through the bully’s mask
18. Adept at creating conflict between those who would otherwise collate incriminating information about them
is quick to discredit and neutralise anyone who can talk knowledgeably about antisocial or sociopathic behaviors
19. May pursue a vindictive vendetta against anyone who dares to held them accountable, perhaps using others’ resources and contemptuous of the damage caused to other people and organisations in pursuance of the vendetta
20. Quick to belittle, undermine, denigrate and discredit anyone who calls, attempts to call, or might call the bully to account
21. Gains gratification from denying people what they are entitled to
22. Is highly manipulative, especially of people’s perceptions and emotions (eg guilt)
23. Poisons peoples’ minds by manipulating their perceptions
24. When called upon to share or address the needs and concerns of others, responds with impatience, irritability and aggression
25. Is arrogant, haughty, high-handed, and a know-all
often has an overwhelming, unhealthy and narcissistic attention-seeking need to portray themselves as a wonderful, kind, caring and compassionate person, in contrast to their behaviour and treatment of others; the bully sees nothing wrong with their behavior and chooses to remain oblivious to the discrepancy between how they like to be seen and how they are seen by others
26. Is spiritually dead although may loudly profess some religious belief or affiliation
27. Is mean-spirited, officious, and often unbelievably petty
28. Is mean, stingy, and financially untrustworthy
29. Is greedy, selfish, a parasite and an emotional vampire
30. Is always a taker and never a giver
31. Is convinced of their superiority and has an overbearing belief in their qualities of leadership but cannot distinguish between leadership (maturity, decisiveness, assertiveness, co-operation, trust, integrity) and bullying (immaturity, impulsiveness, aggression, manipulation, distrust, deceitfulness)
often fraudulently claims qualifications, experience, titles, entitlements or affiliations which are ambiguous, misleading, or bogus
32. Is constantly imposing on others a false reality made up of distortion and fabrication
32. Sometimes displays a seemingly limitless demonic energy especially when engaged in attention-seeking activities or evasion of accountability
Whew, and to think that there are those who think that only smart people write a lot.
[quote=babbling looney]Don’t feed the monkey!![/quote]
Is Put in your closet re-arranging your shoes?
AAAGH! I'll have to buy new shoes now.
(You know the evil monkey reference and avatar is from Family Guy?)
I think Put is a frustrated American Express bottom third producer who can’t get hired by Merrill.
Stop posting for just a minute, please. Looney needs her shoes rearranged again. And, she can't find her favorite pair of Footjoy golf spikes. You know, the white ones. Her favorites. Now, where did you "Put" them, you little rascal?
Damn I almost forgot the bane of Put Trader's existence--the online meeting.
Ever done one of those? You sit in your office in front of a camera and take part in discussions with other people sitting in their offices in front of cameras.
It's a great idea if everybody happens to be in different cities, perhaps even in different buildings in the tri-state area--but when you're web meeting with people who are in the same building it's taking technology into the world of the absurd.
I'd really love to stay and chat, but I'm being sent out. Even somebody like me has a "Honey Do" list--mine involves Grouper from Whole Foods and vegetables from Fairway. If you're in the area I'll be out and about--tall, gray hair, blue jean shorts today with well worn topsiders and a black Cutter and Buck golf shirt. I may or may not have a small white dog along.
Don't despair Terminator, I'll write you a story about New York when I get back Lord willin and the creek don't rise.
I'll be sure it's you if I can smell the 3 or 4 Olde English 40s from last night spilling out of your pores along with a Newport hanging out of your mouth. You forgot to mention your fat gut, your tobacco stained teeth, and your pruned up grill that can best be descibed as looking like a roadmap crafted out of leather. Oh, and then there are the hematomas covering your forearms and lower legs--badges of honor from the last time someone tried to take your shopping cart full of your most valued possessions. We'll see if you get past security at WF. But, I'll be watching for you.
P.S. They don't sell Boone's Farm there.
Put, if I were you, I’d cool it with the name calling. Those guys are getting pretty tired of you crap and they apparently have enough info on you to fry your A$$. Why don’t you try to relax, have some fun, and forget these forums for a while.
I know you'd never admit it, but you know as well as I do that you'd give your right one if your life could turn out for you as well as mine has for me.
Yeah, right. Being obsessed with a silly website fantasyland where most of the characters make up their identities, credentials, and God knows what else. Getting your ass kicked off of that fantasyland by the forum moderator, and then relentlessly slipping through the cracks with some new username to post a few more piles of steaming poop. Your life is absolutely fabulous. I'm going to get to mass early tomorrow, stay late, and keep praying that rosary in order that I may be released from this life of jealousy.