Skip navigation

LPL Salesforce Partnership - would this make my CRM not 100% mine?

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
May 31, 2012 3:06 am

I recently decided to switch from an insurance company to LPL.  The branch has "hired" me; LPL is currently doing their due diligence on the corporate side.

My reasons were 90% for the ability to own my book and have total product flexibility.  I didn't think much about technology or crm; its just not how I'm wired; For the right price, you can always buy the best in your own.

I think that the way that they integrate salesforce.com and branchnet could save me some time and allow me to better give my clients referrable value.  So I'm pretty sure I want to buy LPL's SF.  ( I currently have SF and am paying more than LPL's version. I know I suck.. I was connecting with a huge team and bought their big-butt version.)

Here's my question:

1. Can LPL access my SF?  Can my branch manager? ACO?  LPL corporate?

Am I exposing my rolodex? ( I know indy's are supposed to be cool about that,..but still).

2.. Every once in a while I benefit from the fact that my CRM isn't within view of my employer.  For instance, notes of my conversations about my move to LPL are all meticulously recorded in SF.  I even touted the benefits of this move to my clients, which is definitely selling away according to my current ACO.

Would my salesforce cease to be a safe zone?  I could live with that.. But I'd feel wrong and it would suck.  I take better care of clients by recording EVERYTHING!   They also deserve privacy from anyone other than me when that's what they request/expect.

Does anyone know about this?  Thank you all!

Jul 17, 2012 7:38 pm

All I know is if you keep everything on the up and up and maintain a “clients first” approach you wont go wrong with either setup

Jul 17, 2012 7:38 pm

All I know is if you keep everything on the up and up and maintain a “clients first” approach you wont go wrong with either setup