Skip navigation

Journey to T12= $1,000,000

or Register to post new content in the forum

191 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Sep 13, 2011 12:13 am

Ok, so tomm I start production as a new advisor...I have spent much time on the forum learning from the different posts and am looking to use this forum as an accountability source as others have done in the past.  I will be posting my daily dials, contacts, prospects and new accounts along the way...Look forward to sharing results over the coming months...

Cheers!

Sep 13, 2011 1:34 am

Best of luck, LS! Whats your background? (approx age/experience, are you at a wirehouse/Ed jones, etc)

What strategy are you going with? What are your goals?

I’m new as well. It’d be nice to keep accountable.

Sep 13, 2011 1:47 am

Look forward to reading your daily posts.  Wishing you the best of luck.  This is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back to this forum.

Sep 14, 2011 12:09 am

So day one is in the books...not exact;y the day I had planned for...I had to resign from my prior firm in the morning before moving over to my new one....the morning was spent filling out more paperwork then I had anticipated and I did not get clearance on my FA number until around noon...In addition I had to go to a training class most of the afternoon into the evening which did not help....so all in about three hours available for making calls..The bulk of that time was spent trying to contact my old clients then I was able to make some cold calls....but not to miss a days numbers...

Dials: 46

Contacts:11

Prospects: 2

New appointments: 1(for complete disclosure this was from a prospect I had found at my prior firm.

The goal is to have the contacts closer to 50 and the dials in the 300-400 camp...so stay tuned tomm is a new day and should not carry with it the nonsense...

Sep 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Are you taking over an existing office or a "new new?"

Sep 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Where are you?  (Firm wise)

Sep 15, 2011 12:12 am

little better today in the distraction department and was able to get in more calls...not quite where I want to be but trending in the right direction...

Dials:262

Contacts:40

Prospects:4 (hard number for me to track because it is vague but I feel like this is a conservative figure..)

I am starting from scratch but had a small book at my prior firm...I am not sure if I will get much if any from it..We will see..Id rather not say what firm I am at but it is one of the big ones...so take that for what its worth...people have heard of us...

Sep 15, 2011 12:37 am

Easiest discription of a prospect to me:
I know how much $ they have, they have a need I can service, and they are willing to talk/meet

Sep 16, 2011 12:02 am

better on the calls today then past two...less distractions and was able to spend my time dialing for the most part.  Still not up to my goal yet but getting closer..

Dials:450

Contacts:61

Prospects:7

Some good prospects over the last couple days that if I am good about tracking and following up with should turn into accounts.....No reason not to but I have had problems in the past staying organized and following up....foolish especially when I have been told time and time again that is where you make your money...Today goes in the win column....new game starts in 11 hours...

Sep 16, 2011 12:34 am

I also wanted to take this opportunity to pose a question to the vets or others who may have success calling on the opposite coasts...I call strictly businesses on tf bonds but find when i call the opposite coast my contact ratio is terrible and I simply do not find prospects....I definately have not made that many calls but still just do not seem to get any traction..any suggestions or just keep dialing and take what I find?  Thanks all...

Sep 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Things are starting to heat up and its getting very exciting....Orders are just around the corner...First week down at the new firm and I could not be more pleased with the changes...I have a better head on my shoulders, the atmosphere is great, and the responses I have been getting on my calls are giving indication that this was the right move..So numbers for Friday are:

Dials:431

Contacts:53

Prospects:8 (one was a follow up contact but I counted it as a propsect...have a call set on Monday to hopefully purchase a decent clip of tax free bonds) fingers crossed...and if not no worries plenty more...still not at the 500 dials but I am getting closer...little better organization and improvement on evening calls and we are there..

Sep 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Went in for a few hours today to try and contact some of my old clients....Was able to talk to three of them...confident I will get one and the other two its hard to say..one I really dont want since its a small account and the other I am indifferent about..we will see...started making some cold calls but was not getting anyone to pick up the phone so headed home..

Dials:27

Contacts:3

Prospects:0

Relaxing for the rest of the weekend...back it it monday...enjoy your weekend all

Sep 19, 2011 11:40 pm

A bit of a frustrating day...Got two good prospects in the morning and then it completely went dead...I dont know if I had a bad part of my list or what.  I was getting a very low contact ratio and half the contacts I did get I wanted to hang up on them the moment they started talking.  Not to prejudge but I do not feel as though many of them were qualified at all irrelevent of wheather or not they were interested..But so it goes...The account I thought i was going to get was heading into a meeting when I called and asked that I call back so not in but not gone...Any how here are the numbers...

Dials:530

Contacts: 57

Prospects:3 ( many more asked that I call them back in the future but again I do not feel as though they are qualified.)

Sep 20, 2011 1:08 am

530 is a big number.  Wow.  How many dials you getting out per hour?

Sep 20, 2011 1:12 am

also - keep rocking!  the most important thing I see is that in little more than ONE WEEK you have 24 prospects.  Thats big time.  If they are qualified and you can convert only 10% of them at 100K (min) per then you have 300K in business for 1 week of work.  Pile it up and you will be at 15 milly this year.  Top of the class stuff.  Keep going man.  

Sep 20, 2011 1:47 am

The sheets I call from have 38 names per side and I try to stay as focused as possible without breaking or allowing interruptions until i get to the bottom...I take a quick break to tally my numbers and reload/unload the coffee...I would say it takes just over an hour to do an entire sheet front and back...so 76 every hour and fifteen or so..The biggest thing that helps me get in alot of dials is focus..I see so many people in the office messing around on the internet or bsing with one thing or another and it is amazing how much time is wasted...I try to have 200 done by lunch and that takes off some of the stress for hitting my goals in the afternoon...more important then that from a long term perspective I want to earmark mornings for finding new business/prospects...This allows for time blocking in the afternoon for follow up calls and appointments...trying to keep it as simple as possible so that it is repeatable and I do not plateau...not that you can plateau until you take off....the 10 percent converting is what I have been basing my predictions on so good to hear I am at least in the ballpark....many of the prospects are not 2 month business but longer term..example is today I spoke with a gentleman who owns a small car dealership...he is ready to retire as soon as he can find a buyer for his lot and the business...he figures the lot is worth 600k and the biz about 250k...also his wife is getting ready to retire.  We had a long talk and he wants to continue to keep in touch...So assuming all goes well should be a 7 fig account but this is likely 12+ months out...thats ok though cus the crazy thing is I will need the biz then as much as i do now!! so trying to build a list of very high quality prospects to feed me today and for years to come...open to any and all suggestions if you have some..Thanks

Sep 20, 2011 11:23 am

A lot of business owners are getting ready to sell their business to retire. And most of their $ is in the business. Find a good business broker to work with where you can share referrals. Check the guy out extensively because some are just real estate agents who cannot sell a house right now, but figure they can sell a business.
This way when you run across someone like your prospect today, you can ask how he plans on selling his business. Does he already have a buyer? If not ask if you can pass his name along to a business broker you work with.

Sep 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Hacksaw,

You are putting in a lot of effort, well done and keep it up. always good to read your posts.

Sep 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Well done long Shot, those dials are great and the number of prospects is right on. keep it up and keep posting, best threads .....

Sep 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Long Shot, what about door knocking? Are you working off a list?