Skip navigation

Instant access to +6,000 pro athletes & their +1,100 agents

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Nov 1, 2010 9:01 pm

With 10 years spent as a money manager, I could not quite understand a Sports Illustrated article sent my way recently that reported:

"Within 2 years of retirement 78% of NFL players are bankrupt or in financial ruin; 60% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of retirement (grab article here, www.proathletedirect.com/moneymanagers)."

To increase the quality of guidance these athletes are receiving & open up the playing field for money managers, etc. we have launched Pro Athlete Direct.  What is it?

"The world’s only comprehensive, online database of up-to-date, downloadable and complete contact information of sports agents and a listing of their clients totaling over $10 billion in annual salaries from over
15 major professional sports leagues."

This can be a powerful tool to raise assets and add a high end clientelle too your book.  There are limited licenses available for the financial industry.  If interested in learning if this tax deductible business expense tool can be a fit for you/your firm as we roll into 2011, go to: www.proathletedirect.com or contact me direct at [email protected] or 206.605.4896.  Thanks- Brian

Brian Ouellette, Founder of Pro Athlete Direct

Nov 2, 2010 3:22 am

WTF is a "shoe wallet"??

Nov 3, 2010 6:49 pm

squash2, you can learn what the Shoewallet™ is here, www.shoewallet.com.  

Background on this product launch:  Prior to starting Shoewallet Active Gear LLC, for 10 years, I was a money manager in Chicago, NYC and Seattle.  From 2000 thru 2003 I was also the market commentator for FOX News this Morning in Seattle.  Short story, long, I've been around this space for a long time.  

Since then, as a company, myself and our investors are continually contacted with investment/partnership/joint venture ideas.  When we reviewed the Sports Illustrated article that states,

"Within 2 years of retirement 78% of NFL players are bankrupt or in financial ruin; 60% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of retirement (grab article here, www.proathletedirect.com/moneymanagers)."

and we actually tried this database out for the first time, we instantly realized what a "game changer" this could be for anyone in the asset/money management space in raising assets/revenues, while at the same time dropping those numbers for athletes down to 0% because it is clear from that article, the current financial path the majority of retired athletes are taking is broken, yes?  As a result, we launched Pro Athlete Direct™.

To view the Sports Illustrated article and grab the database overview PDF, you can request at: www.proathletedirect.com/contact or email me direct at [email protected].  

This is a cool opportunity for anyone looking to add a niche clientele, raise assets/revenues and help these athletes plan for life after sports.  To maintain integrity of the database, there are limited licenses for the money management sector.  So if you have any questions, etc. just shoot me a note or call.  Thanks- Brian, 206.605.4896