Skip navigation

500 Day War Begins on Tuesday

or Register to post new content in the forum

50 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Sep 9, 2010 1:02 pm

1st call block done.  50 dials in 40 minutes...3 contacts.  Horrible!  Taking a 15 minute break and starting call block number two shortly.  I WILL NOT BE STOPPED!!! 

Sep 9, 2010 1:24 pm

Go Bro GO! GOT 1st propsect. WHooOOOO  

Sep 9, 2010 1:45 pm

WTH...!?!? be realistic... that isn't horrible.... DO this 5 more times today @ a minimum and let us know the final results.

[quote=StoneColdMutha]

1st call block done.  50 dials in 40 minutes...3 contacts.  Horrible!  Taking a 15 minute break and starting call block number two shortly.  I WILL NOT BE STOPPED!!! 

[/quote]

Sep 9, 2010 1:55 pm

Another 50 in the books.  It seems that today is a Jewish holiday and a lot of people have taken the day as vacation.  One good 3 month prospect for the pipeline in this call block and one appointment out of only 4 contacts...so not bad.  Sipping a glass of water, eating a few pretzels, and about to go live again at around 10:15 for another call block.  I will be thumping my chest if I can score the same stats for the next call block.  Booyah!!

Sep 9, 2010 3:43 pm

Blockbuster day so far.  Ditched the small business calls and called on one of my creatively sourced lead campaigns.  One call yielded an appointment for a review of the prospects personal account as well as that of the organization they run.  Another call yielded an appointment for a large personal retirement account.  Creatively sourced leads (a list I built) are so much more effective than reference usa business leads that anyone can get.  Getting ready to suck down another free wholesaler lunch in a few minutes!!!

Sep 10, 2010 12:23 pm

1st success from the campaign yesterday evening in terms of money in.  Smallish account (only $40k), but we set up a draft to DCA $2k a month into the account.   

Sep 10, 2010 3:28 pm

[quote=StoneColdMutha]

1st success from the campaign yesterday evening in terms of money in.  Smallish account (only $40k), but we set up a draft to DCA $2k a month into the account.   

[/quote]

Thats great... can you give us some more info? Did you set up the account over the phone?

Sep 10, 2010 5:57 pm

No...didn't set up the account over the phone.  That isn't my business model.  I sell the value of "me" and I need to meet with the prospect to display that value.  So, I met with the guy, signed paperwork and funds are being ACAT'ed as we speak. 

Sep 10, 2010 6:07 pm

[quote=StoneColdMutha]

No...didn't set up the account over the phone.  That isn't my business model.  I sell the value of "me" and I need to meet with the prospect to display that value.  So, I met with the guy, signed paperwork and funds are being ACAT'ed as we speak. 

[/quote]

He was a cold call from yesterday?

Sep 13, 2010 3:25 pm

bump

Sep 13, 2010 6:56 pm

Ist week of the war is in the books.  Got a small account on the books.  Set several good appointments for this week so it is going to be a busy week.  Had one appointment already this morning (money is about a year away) and set two more for later this week.  One thing is for damn sure...building your own list yields much better results than calling a standard list of small business owners that anyone can get.  It takes a heck of a lot of time to do it, but it is well worth it in my opinion!!  I am hungry though, I still want more!!!

Sep 14, 2010 12:04 am

[quote=StoneColdMutha]

[/quote]

IF they guy wants to set up an account over the phone DO IT! You'll have an asset landing zone ready and waiting.

Sep 14, 2010 12:06 am

[quote=StoneColdMutha]

Takingnames,

Do you mind sharing your pitch (it sounds like you may have several based on the type of campaign).  Thanks!

[/quote]

Will PM you with some later. 

Sep 14, 2010 1:10 am

[quote=Takingnames]

[quote=StoneColdMutha]

Takingnames,

Do you mind sharing your pitch (it sounds like you may have several based on the type of campaign).  Thanks!

[/quote]

Will PM you with some later. 

[/quote]

Awesome!! Thanks in advance!

Sep 15, 2010 12:33 pm

bump

Sep 16, 2010 2:29 am

Great stuff!

Can you tell me about these "Creatively Sourced Leads"?  How do you compile these lists?  Where do you get the names?  Why are they so much better?

Keep up the great work!

Sep 17, 2010 1:31 pm

[quote=IndyBDguy]

Great stuff!

Can you tell me about these "Creatively Sourced Leads"?  How do you compile these lists?  Where do you get the names?  Why are they so much better?

Keep up the great work!

[/quote]

You don't really "get" them anywhere, you have to target groups, then figure out how to get the phone numbers.  Anyone can buy a DNC residential name.  Anyone can download or purchase a list of business owners.  It still doesn't mean anyone is going to call those leads because most people don't cold call in large volumes in general, but if a lead is easy to get, it is likely that more than just you is calling that lead.

I have organizations/groups that I share a common trait or past with so I look for people within those niches then i go to work matching phone numbers with those names.  Takes a lot of time, but if you allocate time everyday to continuing to build your list, in no time you will have a decent sized list of creatively sourced leads in addition to free business leads and non-DNC residential leads that you can buy for 8-10 cent per lead.  This then allows me to run multiple "campaigns" which breaks up the monotony of saying the EXACT same thing on the phone 250 to 300 times per day! 

Sep 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Stone, you are on to something. Calling in huge numbers, doesn't do you much good if you don't do what you are doing. You absolutely save time, make more money, by putting some sweat equity into WHO you are calling upon. Connection, available funds, motivation.... If you can find two, great, but if you got 3, you are 90% of the way there.

Sep 16, 2010 4:44 pm

I agree. The hardest part about starting cold calling is to get your numbers up. You've first got to work hard. Then you refine your script, product, who you call, which is working smart.

Most people, myself included, started by working incredibly smart. Calling about the absolute best bond out there. What you thought was the perfect script. But you call 17-25 people a day before you say the hell with it.

Then you take a little hiatus, determine wtf you're actually doing and why you're even in this business (reading both of Bill Good's in a weekend is what did it for me), and you go back to the phones. And you're going back working hard and smart. It's hard to lose at that point.

My office has 3 lines. Yesterday there was a point in time where all 3 lines where lit up with prospects, P-R-O-S-P-E-C-T-S calling me back and asking for more info on the bond I called them about. I even heard "How many bonds are left? 265? Can I buy all of them?" I've called with much better bonds earlier in my career and heard the dial tone before I could utter which firm I was with. Now they're calling back. And they're hot and ready to buy.

This business really throws you through the wringer. Love hate love hate love hate. You just can't quit.

Sep 16, 2010 4:46 pm

GHGR, good going, keep fighting it out.