Skip navigation

401k prospecting script

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Sep 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Does anyone have a suggestion for a 401k/profit sharing plan script to set appointments. thanks

Sep 15, 2011 3:28 pm

just looking for an opening line /intro suggestion

Sep 22, 2011 4:41 am

hi mr. plan administrator this is Joe Advisor with big firm, how are you today?

I wanted to give you a quick call today to intoduce my team and see when you are planning to review your company's plan next, and if we can be a part of it.

Depending on the response, then judge how loyal they are to their current advisor by asking "how would you rate your current plan on a scale of 1-10" or "how's the current level of service you are receiving". 

Now given this does not create any immediate results, but once you can narrow it down to when they plan on reviewing it next, you send a letter and follow up with them a month before they plan on reviewing next.  What this will do at least will give you a future to do list.  Then keep calling and fill up that pipeline.

Hope this helps.

Sep 22, 2011 1:07 pm

yes thanks

and you think i should definitely ask- “when is next time?” or try to get an appt regardless- they may answer- “next year”

Sep 22, 2011 5:06 pm

[quote=BudFoxofML]

I wanted to give you a quick call today to intoduce my team and see when you are planning to review your company's plan next, and if we can be a part of it.

Depending on the response, then judge how loyal they are to their current advisor by asking "how would you rate your current plan on a scale of 1-10" or "how's the current level of service you are receiving".  [/quote]

I like this advice, script not too pushy and to the point.

1.) What has been your best times to call, I've always been told 7-9am, but I've also found a lot of business owners on their first cup of coffee and not thrilled to talk to me with a pile of work on their desk.

2.) What part of the country are you in and what has been your best source of leads

3.) Any clever gate-keeper work arounds that you have used.

Thanks 

Oct 1, 2011 8:59 pm

Just ask for an appointment. The more time you spend outside of your desk the better you will do. Setup 2-3 appointments per day with the whales and spend the rest of your time going after individuals. I've got a clean institutional investor database if you're looking for 401(k)'s, 403(b)'s, pensions, banks, etc. There aren't any ads or anything if you want to check it out: http://www.graypools.com.

Either way, good luck prospecting and keep your head down.

Oct 1, 2011 9:07 pm

[quote=parad0x01]

[quote=BudFoxofML]

Depending on the response, then judge how loyal they are to their current advisor by asking "how would you rate your current plan on a scale of 1-10" or "how's the current level of service you are receiving".  [/quote]

1.) What has been your best times to call, I've always been told 7-9am, but I've also found a lot of business owners on their first cup of coffee and not thrilled to talk to me with a pile of work on their desk.

2.) What part of the country are you in and what has been your best source of leads

Thanks 

[/quote]

1. Best times are early morning, like 7-9 am, lunch time 12:30-1:00, and evening 6:30-7:30. Also note that if you manage time zones carefully (and can be mobile), you can make calls very late into the evening.

2. I always used resources like freeerisa and foundation center for institutional leads, but am putting together a site to centralize some of that info for brokers.

3. If you're really tough, try asking for the contact by a nickname. If not, always ask for the person by their first name. Also, if its a larger company with an electronic directory, hit the button to puruse the directory when you are sent to someone's voicemail, and jot down the extensions. Next time you call, try to get the directory again and then punch in the extension number to (hopefully) bypass the gatekeeper. I once did this with a huge company that was downsizing and got 20-30 individual leads with rollovers.

Good luck!

Oct 7, 2011 2:35 am

[quote=parad0x01]

[quote=BudFoxofML]

Thanks 

1.  Hard to say, it is hit and miss on the timing.  One thing I can say is that my wife's uncle use to be the administrator of a $20 mill plan and said his phone blew up friday afternoons.  So if that is the case, stay away from those times.

2.  I'm in the mid-west, you can find sources from all over.  Off the top of my head you can find larkspur data generator on hartford's website as well as transamerica. 

3. Clever gate keeper ideas...if they ask who you are just give your name, only give your company if they ask, bc then you will get screened out.