Skip navigation

2011 Goals

or Register to post new content in the forum

14 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Dec 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Anyone care to share what their 2011 goals are?

8.5mm new money

15 250k+ new relationships

3mm into Advisory Solutions (jones wrap program)

50 new prospects per month

215k gross

Dec 29, 2010 5:05 pm

170 rounds of golf

20 times on the ski slopes

zero roofie nights

Break under 200 lbs

15 250k+ HH

AUM from 55 to 65m

Production 450k

Dec 29, 2010 5:53 pm

What's a roofie night? 

Run a 5K before the end of the year.  I just started running for the first time since high school gym class. 

Raise my production 40%. 

Bring in $9 mil in new assets. 

I want to do more insurance/LTC business this year.  I realized that was an area I have been neglecting.  I'd love to do $50K just in insurance. 

SuperMan - I like your 50 new prospects a month.  Where do you plan on finding them?  Doorknocking?  Cold calls?  Referrals? 

Dec 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Roofie, like in the movie The Hangover. If you haven't seen it, just about one of the best movies of all time, funnier than heck.

Don't want to wake up one single morning next year, and wonder what the heck I was thinking, or doing, or drinking....

I've been working out too, every day now, for nearly 2 months. I've gained 3 lbs... but at least the waist is slimmer and I can bench 300 again. 

Dec 29, 2010 7:57 pm

I never could bench 300.  I was lucky to bench 150.  I took weight training in high school because I didn't want to take coed recreation.  In hindsight...room full of girls running, jumping, sweating vs. room full of guys sweating, swearing, grunting, lifting, and smacking each other on the butt.  Man was I stupid. 

I've not seen The Hangover.  I'll have to add it to my Netfilx cue. 

Dec 29, 2010 8:17 pm

LOL, bench 300, got ya... The movie is a true classic, you'll not be disappointed. 

Dec 30, 2010 2:26 am

2011 Goals

100 rounds of golf, break 14 Ghin index

12 new mass affluent clients ($250,000 plus Aum)

12 insurance policies

CLU designation

Dec 30, 2010 3:03 pm

The Hangover is good.  If you want a true original go for Swingers though.  Best guy film ever.  YOU ARE MONEY, BABY!

50 Prospects - targeted DKing and Cold Calling,  I like buying lists and door knocking them.  Pick a street with a few names on it and knock them.  Having their name and number prior to knocking takes away alot of the fear of asking for both and I think using the list helps weed out some of the scrap.  Its not fool proof but better than just walking up and down streets.

Referrals will be a big focus but it's the icing for me this year.

Dec 30, 2010 4:13 pm

I agree with lists being better than just walking up and down a street.  My ratio used to be 1 person home for every 5 doorbells rang.  Then 1 of every 5 of the people home already worked with Jones. 

I have a bad taste in my mouth about lists though.  I bought one this year and 90% of the phone numbers were disconnected.  The people and their addresses are correct however.  Which is really strange.  So, I need to find a new list provider or spend some time to create my own. 

Dec 30, 2010 7:03 pm

[quote=Spaceman Spiff]

I agree with lists being better than just walking up and down a street.  My ratio used to be 1 person home for every 5 doorbells rang.  Then 1 of every 5 of the people home already worked with Jones. 

I have a bad taste in my mouth about lists though.  I bought one this year and 90% of the phone numbers were disconnected.  The people and their addresses are correct however.  Which is really strange.  So, I need to find a new list provider or spend some time to create my own. 

[/quote]

Wouldn't use any of the sources on JONESNET.. Those people are hacks...

Dec 30, 2010 8:18 pm

[quote=squash2]

[quote=Spaceman Spiff]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Suggestions then?

Dec 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Lists are what you make of them.

Spiff, you might consider having your BOA whitepage.com those names before you go out DKing them.  That's what I do. 

Dec 30, 2010 8:59 pm

[quote=Spaceman Spiff]

[quote=squash2]

[quote=Spaceman Spiff]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Suggestions then?

[/quote]

WOuld use Reference USA(library) sales genie(though you have to pay and same as Reference USA)

The INFOgroup owns most list companies now and for residential since it is finite(either you are on the DNC or not) you just want accurate numbers(some companies(crappy ones) will give you bad numbers just because you get billed per number and since a lot of people are on the DNC they need to insert "questionable numbers" to generate more names). 

Dec 31, 2010 5:32 pm

Spaceman... of the 1 of 5, what percentage was female. And now that I ask that..., what percentage of those, were "hot". Course, I'm sure that varies by county....