Skip navigation

2008 Goals

or Register to post new content in the forum

16 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Dec 24, 2007 4:44 pm

I’m interested to see if people have given thought to and are willing to share 2008 goals. Whether it is commissions, new clients, dials, appointments per week, vacations, referals, closing a specific prospect(s), retaining clients from a previous move, etc.

Dec 24, 2007 5:43 pm

My first year back I finished a hair over $250K in production & $3.5MM in wrap. 2008 I want to be at $390K in total production & $8.1MM in AUM in wrap on 12/31/08.

Dec 29, 2007 2:08 pm

One of my goals it to be able to come back to this same thread one year from today and happily proclaim that my credit score has not dropped one point :).

Dec 30, 2007 1:14 am

In 2008 my goal is to decide what I want to be when I grow up. Mgmnt or FA. So far, I’m both, and I’m liking FA more and more each day.

Dec 30, 2007 3:35 am

From someone else who is both, I agree!  My goals are $50 million AUM and $375K production…and another rep to help with the small stuff…and the OSJ crap.

Dec 31, 2007 1:00 am

survival!

Which in my firm means;   In 2008: 10 million more AUM                  5 million more annuitized   or  40-50 priority households ($250,000+ account)
Jan 1, 2008 12:41 am
Gaddock:

One of my goals it to be able to come back to this same thread one year from today and happily proclaim that my credit score has not dropped one point :).

!!!! Here's some little tips, from a former banker, to help you "keep it up":   - Don't cancel cards with available credit. Doing so raises the ratio of your balance to available credit and lowers your score.    - Stick with bank loans or major "blue chip" creditors / credit cards. Department store cards, finance company loans drop your score.   - Minimize credit inquiries, each one lowers your score. Ex: Buying a new car? Get a copy of your credit report off the internet and take it to the various dealers. Show the finance guy your report and ask for the best finance deal. After comparing the various deals, go with the best one (only one inquiry vs. 4 or 5 inquiries from various dealers). 
Jan 2, 2008 5:40 pm

My goal is to decide if I want to make a career out of this for the next 30 years + of my life or make a move to a different career. As it stands now this job is boring me to death but the $ is so good.

Jan 3, 2008 2:06 am

My goal is to add another 12-15 million this year.  In 2007 I added 17 million.  I would like to add another 3 or 4 million in SMA's also.  Focusing on assets is key, everything else falls into place.

Jan 8, 2008 3:05 am

I would like to host my first seminar.  Now seeing if it is worth it or not is a whole other debate, and I could care less.  I think I just want to see how well I can do it.  Get up there in front of a large crowd (given one is there for me) and really make an impact.

Jan 8, 2008 2:43 pm

[quote=RULiquid]I would like to host my first seminar.  Now seeing if it is worth it or not is a whole other debate, and I could care less.  I think I just want to see how well I can do it.  Get up there in front of a large crowd (given one is there for me) and really make an impact.

[/quote]

Interesting goal.  I imagine not caring if your goals are worthwhile must really open up a world of possibilities to you. 
Jan 8, 2008 8:36 pm

[quote=rankstocks]

My goal is to add another 12-15 million this year.  In 2007 I added 17 million.  I would like to add another 3 or 4 million in SMA's also.  Focusing on assets is key, everything else falls into place.

[/quote]   How much do you have in SMA's right now?
Jan 10, 2008 4:57 am

I’ve got around 7 million in SMA’s (our MAP program) and another 12 million and some change in C-shares.

Jan 10, 2008 5:49 am

If the doggoned SEC gets it’s way, your 12b-1s will get capped and your incentive to service those C-shares will go away…

http://www.investmentnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080107/REG/831157985/1009/TOC
Jan 19, 2008 6:36 pm

My goal is to cure my plastic surgery addiction so I dont spend half the year “recovering”. That way I can finally get a series 7 sponsor & get a job. I’ll let y’all know how its going.

Jan 19, 2008 7:08 pm

[quote=mrsobama]My goal is to cure my plastic surgery addiction so I dont spend half the year “recovering”. That way I can finally get a series 7 sponsor & get a job. I’ll let y’all know how its going.[/quote]

We shall be anxiously holding our collective breath awaiting word of your long overdue entry into our profession.

In the meantime, please don’t let the fact that you know absolutely zilch about anything pertaining to the industry slow you down from your current practice of offering your advice at every possible opportunity.   Why allow your total ignorance to deter you?