NFL Football: Week 2 Recap & Discussion Thread
Thoughts from this week (feel free to comment and add):
1. Would Philly have given NO a better fight with McNabb at the helm?
2. Antwan Odom is "monster of the week!"
3. Chris Johnson is my fantasy football NIGHTMARE.
4. Favre still got it?
5. Sanchez the "real deal?"
6. Post ACL injury QBs suffer permanently? (I don't think Palmer ever looked the same after Kimo's log roll, and I don't think Brady looks the same now either).
7. With many of the leagues "elite teams" sitting at 1-1 (or worse), who are the top 3 teams in the league?
2. Consistency is key
3. That guy has been awesome since he came into the league.. Go titans.. But why is he only getting 16 carries when he goes for 197?
4. Helps when he doesn't have to win by himself.. having AP makes anyones job easier
5. Think it was more of the defense and shutting down Randy Moss, then it was Sanchez, but still not bad for a rookie
6. Maybe but I think it takes a little while to get rid of the fear. In Palmer's case I think the team was falling apart so it might take him a while longer
7. If you base it on schedule and division... Vikings, 49rs and tie between Saints/Falcons.. Reason being... 49rs weak division, and already took care of the teams in their division and they get too play the Rams twice yet(easy wins) and Detroit and Jacksonville this year. Vikings obvious, packers not exactly who they were against bears, bears should have lost yesterday if Steelers kicker wasn't blind and detroit well is detroit. Saints/Falcons, improved defense for saint and falcons, weak division great offenses..
I would pick Jets, but that is a tough division.. Broncos are a joke, got lucky then played a bad browns team. Ravens always dangerous but tough division.. Steelers have to find some offense.. I still like titans, two tough losses in games they should have won..
Brady wasnt sacked but he was under pressure a lot. Still, there were three or four passes that i remember where the receiver was wide open and he overthrew. He doesnt look the same. Don't know if he is just still rusty, or that he has fear in his heart now that he ripped up his knee. I suspect its the latter.
And the fans were truly the 12th man. This was the most fun i ever had being at a game. Better than the home playoff games (not that there have been that many in the 25 years i've had Season Tix. Even the cheerleaders got better.
Next week another big test against the Titans
One word "rust". Pats and Brady will bounce back. Jets always start out fast and sputter in the end (look at last year).
Steelers, Colts and Ravens are the other AFC elites. NFC is all about the Giants. Impressive final drive last night.
One big difference this year in Jets land....Defense.
And Ryan is another thing thats different. I think this guy is a leader. He is not afraid to go out on a limb.
I think Sanchez is going to be great, but maybe not this season. But the defense will keep him in games, like they did yesterday, till he gets on track.
Lets revisit this in a few weeks and see where we are.
I know the Jets are always "promising" and dont often deliver, but i think after seeing the last two games, this could be the real deal. I'm not a lunatic screaming Superbowl, but I think we have a real good shot at the playoffs. Which i wasnt real positive about a month ago.