Skip navigation

9/11

or Register to post new content in the forum

14 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Sep 10, 2009 12:53 pm

Tomorrow is Patriot Day. It is unlikely I will be near a computer.

I wanted just to say: Never forget. Our country rose from the ashes. The markets opened. Never forget those who have bled so that it doesn’t happen again. Honor the men and women of United flight 93, who took control of their destiny, and saved hundreds of lives at the cost of their own. Honor the soldiers, airmen, sailors and Marines who still fight and bleed on our behalf. Never forget that we are the greatest nation on earth, by celebrating our differences, and by coming together with the one fact that binds us all together - we are Americans.

Sep 10, 2009 1:31 pm
Moraen:

I wanted just to say: Never forget. Our country rose from the ashes. The markets opened. Never forget those who have bled so that it doesn’t happen again. Honor the men and women of United flight 93, who took control of their destiny, and saved hundreds of lives at the cost of their own. Honor the soldiers, airmen, sailors and Marines who still fight and bleed on our behalf. Never forget that we are the greatest nation on earth, by celebrating our differences, and by coming together with the one fact that binds us all together - we are Americans.

Moraen - Thank you for your service, and for reminding us that we should all be proud of who we are, and grateful to who gave it to us.
Sep 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Bravo

Sep 11, 2009 1:50 am

I appreciate what you said and believe it also, but did they have to name it… We all know what happened… It reminds me of when Hallmark made up sweetest day because they need something else in the fall to boost their sales.

Sep 11, 2009 12:29 pm
Squash1:

I appreciate what you said and believe it also, but did they have to name it… We all know what happened… It reminds me of when Hallmark made up sweetest day because they need something else in the fall to boost their sales.

I think they named it so that future generations would find it easier to remember. Dec. 7th doesn't mean much to some
people.
Sep 11, 2009 1:26 pm
Moraen:

Sep 11, 2009 1:45 pm
Squash1:

I get your point.  However, I haven't seen to many Patriot Day cards in the greeting card aisle.
Sep 11, 2009 2:46 pm

That’s because the people you are to be remembering aren’t here any longer to receive the cards.  I think it would be a good thing to have a day of rememberance of the important days in our countries history.  We celebrate Independance day, but it’s more about fireworks, beer, and barbecue than celebrating the life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. 

Moraen is right about D-Day.  You ask the average High Schooler what happened on Dec 7, they won't have a clue.   
Sep 11, 2009 4:03 pm

I meant Dec. 7th, the day Pearl Harbor was bombed.

Sep 11, 2009 4:19 pm

[quote=Spaceman Spiff]That’s because the people you are to be remembering aren’t here any longer to receive the cards.  I think it would be a good thing to have a day of rememberance of the important days in our countries history.  We celebrate Independance day, but it’s more about fireworks, beer, and barbecue than celebrating the life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. 

Moraen is right about D-Day.  You ask the average High Schooler what happened on Dec 7, they won't have a clue.   [/quote]   LOL !
Sep 11, 2009 4:48 pm

hahahaha

Sep 11, 2009 6:27 pm

Morean - Have you read the book Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell ? I just finished it and it makes me furious that I had not heard anything about his story. The media talks for hours about Michael Jackson but very little about this guy and his fellow Navy Seals. Those guys are absolute warriors.

Sep 11, 2009 8:29 pm
Ron 14:

Morean - Have you read the book Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell ? I just finished it and it makes me furious that I had not heard anything about his story. The media talks for hours about Michael Jackson but very little about this guy and his fellow Navy Seals. Those guys are absolute warriors.

Ron - I read it when it first came out. A friend of mine is a Force Recon Marine who helped plan some of those missions.
Sep 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Nobody knows what is going on over there and what has gone on in the past. Guys over there past and present are heroes, not f*cking Tom Brady or Michael Jordan. It makes me sick the things I take for granted each day.