Skip navigation

IRA and 401k Dividends

or Register to post new content in the forum

27 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jun 12, 2007 2:47 pm

[quote=Bobby Hull][quote=Dust Bunny]

[quote=Bobby Hull]Which one is Babs? [/quote]

Me. 

I lost my babbling looney password (that was automatically filled in by windows) when I changed computers and didn't remember what email account I used 3 years ago when I set it up.  You can't get a new password if you don't use the right email account. So,I gave up and made a new screen name.

[/quote]

I thought Dust Bunny was kinda smart. Now I know why.

[/quote]

Not that smart. I didn't write down my password

Thanks, though

Jun 12, 2007 2:51 pm

[quote=Dust Bunny][quote=Bobby Hull][quote=Dust Bunny]

[quote=Bobby Hull]Which one is Babs? [/quote]

Me. 

I lost my babbling looney password (that was automatically filled in by windows) when I changed computers and didn't remember what email account I used 3 years ago when I set it up.  You can't get a new password if you don't use the right email account. So,I gave up and made a new screen name.

[/quote]

I thought Dust Bunny was kinda smart. Now I know why.

[/quote]

Not that smart. I didn't write down my password

Thanks, though

[/quote]

What's your new password?

Jun 12, 2007 4:03 pm

[quote=Bobby Hull][quote=BankFC]

[quote=bankrep1] [quote=bankrep1] Of course the dividends are taxable and you can do it only on one typoe of investment, and it's not allowed in an IRA only a 401K..I wouldn't want anyone to accuse me of not knowing what I am talking about...[/quote]

Company stock you idiots. You can take the dividends on company stock out of a 401K. There I told you, now get a life. My comment about NUA was directed at the idiot who said everything and anything taken from a 401K is ordinary income. Do I have to seperate everything and write an explanation for you stupid people.

If you want more info on the dividends most companies rerfer to it as a Dividend Payout Election, look it up or click here http://www.arlaw.com/news_and_events/publications/pub_egtrra _april.html.[/quote]

Don't expect too much from folks like Bobby on these crazy things like taxes and such...ordinary income for all in his EIA's!!!

[/quote]

Ordinary, deferred, compounded income for all at a lower rate than what they're paying whle they're working.

[/quote]

Gosh Bobby, Starka told us you were smart, but he didn't let us know you were clairvoyant (that means being able to see the future, save you the time to look it up)...

So did you build a time travel spaceship and go forward 15 years (that is the surrender charges on you EIA's, isn't it) to see what the tax brackets are going to be in the future???

You are the worst kind of crook...the one who hides in plain sight.  The one who minces words, spews assumptions and twists facts until the poor sap sitting across from you doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground, and signs over his money because "you can't lose anything."  I'm glad your kind is out there...that's why money comes running over to me, because guys like you scare the hell out of them...for good reason.

Jun 12, 2007 4:27 pm

[quote=bankrep1] [quote=bankrep1] Of course the dividends are taxable and you can do it only on one typoe of investment, and it's not allowed in an IRA only a 401K..I wouldn't want anyone to accuse me of not knowing what I am talking about...[/quote]

Company stock you idiots. You can take the dividends on company stock out of a 401K. There I told you, now get a life. My comment about NUA was directed at the idiot who said everything and anything taken from a 401K is ordinary income. Do I have to seperate everything and write an explanation for you stupid people.

If you want more info on the dividends most companies rerfer to it as a Dividend Payout Election, look it up or click here http://www.arlaw.com/news_and_events/publications/pub_egtrra _april.html.[/quote]

This isn't even close to an answer for the original question.  You've posted a solution that applies to 0.02% of qualified assets and definitely does not apply to the client in the original post.  Keep digging.

Jun 12, 2007 5:03 pm

Starka told us you were smart, but he didn't let us know you were clairvoyant (that means being able to see the future, save you the time to look it up)...

Just about as clairvoyant as the other posters on this site who seem certain that their clients can't lose money in a "diversified portfiolo of stocks and bonds".

It's all a crap shoot.

Jun 12, 2007 5:23 pm

[/quote]

You mean Me as that idiot? As I said It could be that I'll learn something new, and useless!

What sort of jabronie wants his dividends out of his company stock in his 401k? The ONLY reason I can see for this is if the ONLY investment election in the 401k is company stock and the guy wants to diversify. Other than that the one time savings of taxes will pale in comparison to the tax free compounding of the money over the 30 years (the example was of a guy 35).

OTOH, the guy who could actually benefit from such a plan is? The boss man! Upper, upper management with mega bucks into the company stock in his 401k, so much stock that a 3% income stream makes for some real money.

I don't have clients like that, if I did I would have advised him to diversify a ton of years ago and if my advice didn't work, the age of Enron would have, and if it didn't  well, he's a dominant hostile and I have no need to be the spit bucket boy to someone like that.

Am I an idiot? Sure, what evs. Maybe I should buy up a shell company and make my company public, then I can use all the money in my 401k to buy up alll the shares, and then I can declare a dividend equaling 99.9% of my investment and I can take that dividend... That way I got the tax write off for the 401k and yet I'll still have all the money... Which I'll use to make 401K contributions in the future and buy up all the stock which I'll declare a dividend on....

I'm sure the IRS won't mind!

Jun 13, 2007 11:20 pm

I clarified with the individual who gave me this information. It is available for a company stock mutual fund. This seems to have been confirmed before. Of the other mutual funds held within the plan, this is not an option.