Skip navigation

Care to Share your 2007 Goals?

or Register to post new content in the forum

30 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Dec 7, 2006 7:29 pm

Writing your goals and sharing increases the probability of success. I'm wanting to grow GDC by 12%. 1 client review per day, using Allbridge and MWS. 15 new clients, through golf class/lunch and client appreciation cooking class dinners. By year end, bring on a Series 7/63 paraplanner, 20 hrs. per week. Put business succession plan in place. Lower my golf handicap by 3 points.

Dec 7, 2006 8:27 pm

Make more money, work less, golf and surf more. Oh yeah, and lose 10 pounds.

Dec 8, 2006 12:46 am

Win the Miss DOJ 2007 award.

Dec 8, 2006 1:28 am

get a girlfriend

Dec 8, 2006 3:16 pm

07 goals?

Might quit smoking

Maybe lose some weight

Thinking about starting to exercise

That should about cover it for 07. I'll put off possibly reading a book until 08.

Dec 8, 2006 3:50 pm

- Lose 10 lbs.

- Quit this board.

- Talk myself into buying an Xbox 360.

Dec 8, 2006 4:03 pm

[quote=BondGuy]

07 goals?

Might quit smoking

Maybe lose some weight

Thinking about starting to exercise

That should about cover it for 07. I'll put off possibly reading a book until 08.

[/quote]

Well I read plenty, but your top three and mine are exactly the same.  I really need to quit smoking....now I think I'll go take a smoke break.
Dec 8, 2006 4:51 pm

More money, clients, less work

More time off with my family.

Dec 8, 2006 5:04 pm

[quote=Mike Damone]

- Quit this board.

[/quote]

Hmmmmm, something to consider...

Dec 8, 2006 7:12 pm
Grow gross revenue by another 50% while increasing profit margins. Improve our revenue/headcount ratio.  (Fewer placements, bigger numbers). Increase placements in our sales management and private banking practices. Increase market share of our FA practice within key accounts. Hire more employees and develop the ones we have so that the owners can focus on high-value activities such as building customer relationships and developing our emerging practice areas. Take more days off.
Don't work as much during my days off.
Dec 8, 2006 7:52 pm

Hey Jeff, 12 years in and I'm am (re) discovering that it is ALL activity based. For the last few years, I have been into too much philosophy of running the business.

Folks here can hold each other accountable.

How would quitting this board be a (desirable) goal?

Dec 8, 2006 7:53 pm

Joedah, would you like to know how I quit smoking?

Dec 8, 2006 8:38 pm

2005 i wanted to start a band

2006. I wanted to do a roof top concert, like the beatles. here is the link, just put it in the address line

concert.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5sK7XwLKL8

i am not the singer

2007. i want the band  play in the bars

Dec 8, 2006 8:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5sK7XwLKL8

this will work

Dec 8, 2006 9:18 pm

You rock, aldo. Give us another video next year!

Dec 8, 2006 10:06 pm

[quote=tenthtee]Joedah, would you like to know how I quit smoking?[/quote]

Yes actually I would…

Dec 8, 2006 10:08 pm

[quote=aldo63]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5sK7XwLKL8

this will work

[/quote]

Are you the fact chick playing keyboards?
Dec 9, 2006 12:36 am

A Kabillion (along with Joe)!!!

Dec 9, 2006 1:15 am
tenthtee wrote:

Yes actually I would.....

It's easy. Every time you smoke, fully engage yourself in the act of smoking. Do not unconsciously smoke - don't multitask (even drive), carry on a conversation. Do not limit your smoking in any way, but pay 100% attention the act of smoking itself. Watch yourself smoke with your full consciousness. Don't think, "I need to quit, I should quit, I broke down and had another cigarette, etc." Instead, only think about smoking. If you find yourself using the nicotene rush to propel other thoughts, bring those thoughts around to the act of smoking itself. Just engage in the act of smoking fully consciously. You will smoke less and less, and finally you will stop. This has worked for thousands of people. It will happen.

Dec 9, 2006 2:22 am

[quote=tenthtee]

tenthtee wrote:

Yes actually I would.....

It's easy. Every time you smoke, fully engage yourself in the act of smoking. Do not unconsciously smoke - don't multitask (even drive), carry on a conversation. Do not limit your smoking in any way, but pay 100% attention the act of smoking itself. Watch yourself smoke with your full consciousness. Don't think, "I need to quit, I should quit, I broke down and had another cigarette, etc." Instead, only think about smoking. If you find yourself using the nicotene rush to propel other thoughts, bring those thoughts around to the act of smoking itself. Just engage in the act of smoking fully consciously. You will smoke less and less, and finally you will stop. This has worked for thousands of people. It will happen.

[/quote]

Very interesting!!!