Ehh haa. It's times like this that SO reinforce my reason for leaving EDJ. Sorry but I have to brag a bit here. I'm aprox 50% cash, 25% long and 25% short.
Buy and hold those mutual funds folks and good luck. The SPY just broke its 200 day moving average. And how about those Q's! I'm kicking back and and enjoying the desctruction!
I thought it was buy and hope (for the best). B&H hasn't worked for 6+ yrs now. Wait until we go through another period like 1965 thru 1982. Anybody preaching buy and hold back then????
successroom1 called it almost to the day....he started a topic that said that its time for a market correction...his theory was that when he saw Onionhead on cnbc touting stocks its time to get in cash or get short......bottom line...what Alan Skraina says to do go the opposite way and you will profit from it....
Again, let me know when to get in. Read your charts and then the tea leaves....
Two for two...I agree again. I think the ability to time the market is way overrated. I have no problem with going a bit more or less defensive, based on relative market valuations, but 50% cash?!!!
Call me a skeptic, but I don't believe that radical moves like this work over the long term. If they did, the one pulling the levers would be selling an incredibly popular newsletter...
He means the "i" between the "d" and the "b". It's kind of an inside joke at this point, but actually pretty witty and kind of funny from the "GreenMachine" himself.
Time will tell if I am right or wrong on my allocation however I am ok with my decision right now. My clients are attracted to me because of my way of managing money. Buy and hold? Well fine as long as things are going well. Ride market cycles out? No way. This is my niche and I let the market tell me what to do.
Right now the SOXX, 500, Nasdaq, and INDU indexs have all fallen below their 200 day moving average. Any rally from here will be nothing but head fake. Maybe the COMP.Q and and SOXX will bounce off October lows. Maybe. However until the banking index rallys this market is stuck. The probablity of more significant downside is greater than significant upside. Risk is high. Just my opinon. In an hour I can be back in if needed but right now I am sitting back and watching.