Blockbuster Guide To Drafting Florida Trusts

The Florida Trust Code (FTC) was enacted as new Chapter 736 of Title XLII of the Florida Statutes (F.S.) and went into effect July 1, 2007. While generally modeled after the Uniform Trust Code (UTC), the FTC embodies only 60 percent of the UTC's provisions and nearly one-third of those provisions are substantively revised.1 The remaining 40 percent come from Florida's earlier laws. We will not examine

The Florida Trust Code (FTC) was enacted as new Chapter 736 of Title XLII of the Florida Statutes (F.S.) and went into effect July 1, 2007. While generally modeled after the Uniform Trust Code (UTC), the FTC embodies only 60 percent of the UTC's provisions — and nearly one-third of those provisions are substantively revised.1 The remaining 40 percent come from Florida's earlier laws.

We will not examine the entire spectrum of changes to Florida trust law, but rather will di

All access premium subscription

Your subscription will include 12 months of Trusts & Estates magazine and access to premium content on WealthManagement.com.

TAGS: Archive
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish